Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I have a 755p that Sprint was kind enough to give me in exchange for my 700p. It's been performing subpar so I want to do a hard reset and put just the programs I use the most on it. That would be Agendus, ChatterEmail, and Dopewars. I have Agendus and Dopewars handled but I'm confused about Chatter. I see it's on Plams site now will I be able to download it there and use my registration code? I'm going to set up a new hotsync name to keep from getting all the old software back on my phone. So this may throw another kink into the loop. I originally just hot synced the phone and got everything back. This time I'm going to back up contacts and my calendar and start over fresh. Any suggestions/ideas?
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    I have a 755p that Sprint was kind enough to give me in exchange for my 700p. It's been performing subpar so I want to do a hard reset and put just the programs I use the most on it. That would be Agendus, ChatterEmail, and Dopewars. I have Agendus and Dopewars handled but I'm confused about Chatter. I see it's on Plams site now will I be able to download it there and use my registration code? I'm going to set up a new hotsync name to keep from getting all the old software back on my phone. So this may throw another kink into the loop. I originally just hot synced the phone and got everything back. This time I'm going to back up contacts and my calendar and start over fresh. Any suggestions/ideas?
    I think you will need to contact Palm for a new activation code because of the new device. But instead of renaming your Hotsync name, just copy the hotsync folder to a different name, and you should be set there. Then maybe you can use your old activation code for chatter.
    You will affect all your apps by renaming the HS name. I don't recommend that.. Just rename the backup directory your HS named directory on the PC before hotsyncing. This will prevent everything (under most circumstances) from loading to the 755p. Everything that is but your PIM data. The old Chatter code will work on the new device. No sure if the app can still be downloaded from http://get.chatteremail.com

Either way I would download it straight from the web to the Treo.

If you do change the HS name, you can use MultiUser for Palm to assign the old HS name to any particular app.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    i switched over to a 600 to 650 to a 700 then to a 755 and i used all the apps you mentioned , and i had no problem with registration, as long as you keep the same device name.
    hate to say it but you can use an app named multi user hack... it is used in most cases to break programs to so you can use them freely with out paying for them but I have found good use for it in cases like yours where I purchased software and had problems after a hard reset by changing my HS name. Just a thought.
    Actually MultiHack doesn't break or alter the apps at all but rather tricks the apps into think the Hotsync is something different than what it actually is. Not all developers of Palm apps still exist. Even a few that do, sometimes give you a hard time about reissuing reg codes when you change HS names.

Now some developers have started using the hardware serial numbers that requires new codes automatically when a new device is purchased. While most developers are good about the new codes, a day will come wheb this app will need to updated to fake out the HW SN too.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com