1.    #1  
    Hello all new here, in the next month my nextel contract is up and I am thinking of buying a 755P. I have a few questions maybe you all could help me with. My main importance for a phone besides talking is the internet.

Sorry if these are newb questions.
    Does the website you browse have to be optimized for mobile phones to view it properly? I thought I read that blazer does this for you? So will it take a normal web site and shrink it down to fit screen so i can view it properly, or at least make it so half the website isnt cut off?

The reason I ask is because I play a online browser game called Travian and I would love to be able to play it on my phone. I also like to surf Mazda RX-7 forums.

Which browser would be better for this IE or Blazer?
    I personally don't use Blazer unless I have to. The page render time for most unoptimized sites is terrible, and it has no ability to accurately render frames or even simple columns. Many treo users use OperaMobile which is an incredible browser. Fast render times, very friendly with unoptimized pages and I think overall cleaner than blazer in it's display.

Not sure if Travian would work in opera, but I constantly cruise message forums in Opera with no problems.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Some forums Blazer shifts to a wap site some it delivers up the regular site. So far I have not had trouble visiting forums on my Treo 700p.

I prefer Blazer to Opera. I find it faster and for me it does a better job serving up the websites I use.

Put up the url and so someone can check it for you.
    Hi I was interested in possibly trying Opera Mobile, But I dont see the down load for palm just windows mobile, and symbian systems. Where is a site you can download Opear for plam?
  5.    #5  
    Can someone check this out for me, let me know how it looks.

www.travian.us/
    Not so sure it's going to work...this is the main page.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  7.    #7  
    If you scroll up and down and left and right does it show the whole website though?

I just found out if i need to play it bad enough though there is a version that displays to a website that is made for mobile phones. But it costs 2.99 a month. Would definatly be nice to not have to pay though. Thx for checking.
    Well I don't have a login so couldn't go all the way in, but you can scroll left to right to see everything.

My guess is if they have a mobile optimized site for a price it's because it won't be fun to play on the regular site.

ETA:

First picture is using skweezer. 2nd picture is using Blazer without wide mode on. (Earlier picture I had wide mode on).

I don't know how long it will take the pages to render...didn't take too long for these but again, I'm not logged in trying to play. But from what I can see, it does at least let you see it without scrolling.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by French; 08/22/2007 at 11:42 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by senjiro View Post
    I personally don't use Blazer unless I have to. The page render time for most unoptimized sites is terrible, and it has no ability to accurately render frames or even simple columns. Many treo users use OperaMobile which is an incredible browser. Fast render times, very friendly with unoptimized pages and I think overall cleaner than blazer in it's display.

Not sure if Travian would work in opera, but I constantly cruise message forums in Opera with no problems.
    I thought the general consensus was that Opera didnt function properly on the 755, that it was slow and caused resets. Has this changed? Was there an update released?
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
  10.    #10  
    Thx that doesnt look to bad to me. Yea the mobile version is alot blocky looking with not much in term of graphics, but it costs. I probably need to find out if the site uses java or not also, i dont think it does though. Hey thx for posting this appreciate it.

I am getting either a 755P or 700wx not sure which yet though, it seems like every PDA phone i look into someone is complaining about it on forums. Makes it hard to decide what is right.

I basicly want the best phone for talking and internet I can get. I am not as concerned about the rest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki View Post
    I thought the general consensus was that Opera didnt function properly on the 755, that it was slow and caused resets. Has this changed? Was there an update released?
    There is a thread here on this forum that describes the javavm settings - I have been using it heavily for the past week with no resets. Way, way way more usable than Blazer with the notable exception of Google Reader/ajax stuff. :-(