1.    #1  
    Hey Hey!!

I got into the PhD program in Composition at the U of MN!! Woo Hoo!!

What should I do to ramp up? I've got a Vdx, stowaway, cf adapter, backup module, eyemod, and a cable to connect to my startac. Also got wordsmith & Isilo for books. I'm thinking I need:

-8 or 16 mg memory expansion
    -noah Pro
    -Wordsleuth
    -something for grades (could use thinkdb2, I guess..)
    -Something for assignment tracking that's better than the ToDo
    -Something for grading--I'm going to be a teacher's asst & will have to track that kind of stuff.
    -More?

Any ideas?
    congratulations.
    due yesterday is rather useful, it now has a desktop counterpart that makes it easy to copy assignments off a web page and sync to your visor. It keeps track of your grades with different grading schemes and assignment types. I know there is either a newly released school-geared program for grades, books, etc., or it has been recently updated-my mind is overfull at the moment and I can't recall where I even saw the review.

http://www.dueyesterday.com
    Try Four.Zero, it can calculate your GPA. Keep track of homework. Enters your class times and projects into your datebook and todo lists. Can calculate "what if" senarios for your final grade or GPA. It's supposedly the best thing like this for students.
    www.studio1809.com
    P.S. I feel at home with geeks like you.
    Originally posted by PastaGrrrl
    Can calculate "what if" senarios for your final grade or GPA.
    As I recall, I always used to procrastinate during finals by manually figuring out "what if" scenarios.
  6.    #6  
    Originally posted by K. Cannon
    As I recall, I always used to procrastinate during finals by manually figuring out "what if" scenarios.
    Sounds like fun! Also, a good way to gauge just how hard you should work on said finals!

Thanks for the software suggestions, keep 'em coming!
    Yeah, well, my other favorite procrastination technique was cleaning--our sorority house was spotless by the time I was done for the year.
  8.    #8  
    Originally posted by K. Cannon
    Yeah, well, my other favorite procrastination technique was cleaning--our sorority house was spotless by the time I was done for the year.
    If you've ever got any procrastination to do, gimme a call, you can come over anytime!
    Originally posted by dietrichbohn

If you've ever got any procrastination to do, gimme a call, you can come over anytime!
    Unfortunately, that only worked before I was forced to enter THE REAL WORLD

Now, I don't have time to procrastinate...I spend all my extra time here on VC
    My.Classmate Planner tracks assignments, tests, and labs. you can keep track of grades with it too, but not calculated. Best of all, its free.

http://hotfiles.zdnet.com/cgi-bin/te...01GKZ&b=zdpalm

hope that helps.