Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Alone amongst all my myriad programs, I can't get the amazingly wonderful app, videohound, to appear in the "lists" that are part of so many other programs (e.g. when you need to select an app for a speed-dial button, or want to select it with AppLock, or within TextPlus). The only program's list it does appear in is UninstallManager's, but that doesn't help much!

It doesn't matter whether the program is in RAM or on the Card (I use Zlauncher). If I create a link with ZLink, it does appear- everywhere- but the link itself doesnt work properly, e.g. if you try to launch with it, it tries to launch one of the databases internal to videohound, rather than the app itself, and then crashes the device.

ideas anyone?
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
    Geoff,
    I have trouble at times running it off of the card. I use the rex add on and its an 8mb file. If my phone is acting up the program will reboot and place the file in ram.
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cadman View Post
    Geoff,
    I have trouble at times running it off of the card. I use the rex add on and its an 8mb file. If my phone is acting up the program will reboot and place the file in ram.
    Thanks C-man. Can you see it in any of the lists? I use every add-on there is for it myself, cause I love the program so much, and Ive added dozens of my own pix and extra movies (PDAReach really comes into its own for that). For me, it's actually never given any problem running off the card. I'd sure hate that REX file to jump into my RAM!

cheers
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
    I use Video Hound but I don't have the shyness issue you refer to. I found it in the following drop-downs: Phone Favorites, Accessorizer, Hi-Launcher, Butler alarms, RNS Soft Reset, and Resco Locker. It shows up as V-Hound everywhere except RLock, where it shows up as videohound (the actual .prc name, I believe). I have a 680 with rex.pdb on my SD card. It doesn't matter whether I run it from RAM or card, it behaves the same. I've never had it copy rex.pdb to RAM either.

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling?
    "The service on my iPhone is so bad I'm thinking of calling it my AOL phone." -- Jim Gaffigan

Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    The Puppy has come out of the kennel! I moved it back and forth between RAM and the card yesterday a few times, and maybe something happened in the transfers, because now it is showing up on the lists, and working with all of them (except the disable list of applications in TextPlus).

Thanks monkeydog for your extensive detective work, and cadman, i hope your hyperactive rex calms down. i cant think of anything to suggest

cheers
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.