Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I'm contemplating leaving Verizon after 11 years and joining Sprint (mainly for the 755p and cheaper data and text messaging plans). Hopefully, Sprint's coverage is comparable here in Dutchess County, NY. I've had a good working 700p and Verizon has been good to me also.

I have a Verizon 700p now and have everything backed up via Backup Buddy on an SD card. How should I transfer all of my programs and data to Sprint's 755p which uses Mini SD? Thanks!
    Hi! I did the same thing and could not be happier. I am very pleased with Sprint. I did a clean install, one app at a time. It took about 2 hours but was worth it. No resets. enjoy!
    Quote Originally Posted by jgtreo View Post
    I'm contemplating leaving Verizon after 11 years and joining Sprint (mainly for the 755p and cheaper data and text messaging plans). Hopefully, Sprint's coverage is comparable here in Dutchess County, NY. I've had a good working 700p and Verizon has been good to me also.

I have a Verizon 700p now and have everything backed up via Backup Buddy on an SD card. How should I transfer all of my programs and data to Sprint's 755p which uses Mini SD? Thanks!
    First of all, make sure you sign up for a SERO plan with Sprint. Do a Google search for "SERO and slickdeals.net" for the details. The 755p costs $199 through SERO.

For just $30 a SERO plan gives you 500 anytime minutes, unlimited EVDO data, unlimited text messaging, unlimited roaming (e.g. onto Verizon!), unlimited nights (7 p.m.) and weekends, free long distance, unlimited mobile to mobile and more.

As for how to transfer data, this has probably been answered a dozen times already (search the site), but the SAFEST way is to rename your current Treo's backup + archive folders and either manually Hotsync (fresh install = best)/Bluetooth/beam all of your files to the 755p (after first checking if they have recently been updated for the 755p or are known to cause conflicts). The new Treo should be given a new name. This way takes a little longer, but should pay off with more stability longterm.

Good luck!