Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I've had about 5 or 6 PDAs including Treo 650 before jumping onto 755p.

I've used the screen protector for all of them until I realized how much brighter and cleaner the screen looked without the extra film on the replaced Treo650!

So for last a year or so, my Treo 650 (and now 755) has been without the film, and I love it!

It is definitely annoying to see my own face grease on the screen after each phone call but I just wipe it off with some cloth.

My reasoning is that with the replacement plan, if something serious goes wrong with the screen, I can get either a new LCD or a phone. (I had to get a new LCD or phone about 4 times for last 2 years I owned Treo 650.) So there is no reason to seriously protect the screen and lose the clarity at the same time.
    I used one for my 700p but now that I have my 755p I noticed how the screen is MUCH more responsive to the touch so I'm not putting on another screen protector.
    After noticing how many scratches I get on my 755P screen protector, I can't imagine NOT using one for fear of those scratches ending up on my screen without one.
    Verizon Pre 2, HP TouchPad

Catch me on Twitter

Google+ Me
    I gave up on those when I got my 700p. they were a pain to put and usually looked like crap. Anyway I finally got over the fear of scracting the screen and just keep it in my pocket and seldom use my stylus.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Not all screen protectors are equal. Some are really thick while others are dull and seem to have a matt finish. The Palm screen protectors are very clear and don't seem to get in my way when using the touch screeen. They also come with a applicator card, when used in conjunction with a steamy bathroom, reduces/eliminates the chances of dust and bubbles.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    i have owned every treo from the 270-680 and have never used a screen protector. i always use a case that protects the screen. i use brillianize once a week which cleans and glazes the screen.
    morris stalk
    Quote Originally Posted by ink883 View Post
    Not all screen protectors are equal. Some are really thick while others are dull and seem to have a matt finish. The Palm screen protectors are very clear and don't seem to get in my way when using the touch screeen. They also come with a applicator card, when used in conjunction with a steamy bathroom, reduces/eliminates the chances of dust and bubbles.
    Agreed I use the bestskinevers screen protector they are clear and are very hard to messup...
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    Unless you always put your treo in a protective case, I suggest you put on a nice screen protector. Sometimes I accidentally put coins and my treo in the same pocket, and the screen protector helps alot. The screen protectors made by Palm are very nice and easy to replace. It's definitely worth the money.
    Get the latest cell phone news and deals at www.icellphonedeals.com.
    I got my new phones free at bestincellphones.com, where did you get yours?
    I dont use it. Gets dirty and screen quality looks poor with it. If you have sprint and have insurance, dont use it.
    David
    Global Posts
    233 Global Posts
    What is the best brand of screen protector? The one I have wears out over time. I have a backgammon game that requires a lot of screen tapping and the current protector is pretty worn.
    When I got my 1st 755p, I some hoe got a scratch on it within 30 days (no case). When it went bad and was replaced with the Burgundy 755p, I immediately put the 1-size fit all screen protector on the new device.

It has been been on since May with any problems. I ended up with a 2nd one because they gave a whole new box with the 2nd 755p, but cut the wrong line on the first screen protector and almost did the same on the 2nd one too.

I suggest you stay focused when cutting the protector film sheet that is included in the box.

I have kinked the screen on previous devices as well.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    yea , i put it on , and a case and a case which has some deep scratchs on it , and all from me droping it or it being thrown around , but the phone is in a great shape because of it
    I use to use a screen protector, but like TurboTiger I got over the fear/cautiousness. I can’t imagine going back to them. Protection would kinda inhibit the pleasure for me. Know what I mean?
    Iago

"Good name in man and woman, dear my lord, Is the immediate jewel of their souls: Who steals my purse steals trash . . . But he that filches from me my good name Robs me of that which not enriches him
    And makes me poor indeed."

Criminal: A person with predatory instincts who has not sufficient capital to form a corporation.
    - Howard Scott
    I don't know what type of insurance the poster above has, but my cost $50 to replace a bad phone. I would rather spend a few dollar on a screen protector than to shell out $50 to get a reburblished unit.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    The people who have been saying that the image quality sucks have been using cheapo screen protectors, like others have said, if you get a high quality screen protector installation will go smoothly and wont have any influence on image quality. period.
    Global Posts
    233 Global Posts
    it is clear that a quality screen protector is a good idea. But, what are the quality brands? Ones that are clear, go on easily and wear well.
    A say try the one that comes with the Treo first so you have something to compare to any one that you buy.

Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Who wants a refurb phone compared to a new 755p?

I would rather use a screen protector and keep my new phone for a few years ratrher than switching to refurbs evry year.
    Lenny

Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

[Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway
    I don't know what type of insurance the poster above has, but my cost $50 to replace a bad phone. I would rather spend a few dollar on a screen protector than to shell out $50 to get a reburblished unit.
    I guess I don’t equate having or getting a “scratch” with rendering the phone “bad,” as you say, thereby needing to replace it. A screen protector is not going to prevent the type of accident that would require you to get another unit. To each his own but, it’s just a device. A device that most people trade up after awhile.
    Iago

"Good name in man and woman, dear my lord, Is the immediate jewel of their souls: Who steals my purse steals trash . . . But he that filches from me my good name Robs me of that which not enriches him
    And makes me poor indeed."

Criminal: A person with predatory instincts who has not sufficient capital to form a corporation.
    - Howard Scott
    tried them once, removed it and never used one again...

I always go to the static type screen protectors... Its a must for palm devices i think. probably the #1 accessory you should buy

Seriously... i have mentioned this before but y'all should try the Pelican PSP screen protector... it's $5.49 at Best Buy... with a nice ruler and cutter you can save yourselves big money
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast