Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    So I've been having this issue and I'm hoping someone will have a fix or at least help me identify what is causing this.

Every day or so my speaker stops working when making a phone call. I call someone/anyone and the screen shows the phone connecting, but I can't hear anything and the person on the other end cannot hear me either, but the call does go through.

The only way I have found to resolve this is to reset the phone. The speaker will then work again.

Anyone seen this happening? Any fixes?

I am running a number of programs on my palm, but here's a short list of what I use daily:
    TomTom Navigator
    Butler
    Phone Technician
    NVBackup
    Epocrates

Ideas?
    Last edited by Snuffy2; 08/20/2007 at 01:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuffy2 View Post
    So I've been having this issue and I'm hoping someone will have a fix or at least help me identify what is causing this.

Every day or so my speaker stops working when making a phone call. I call someone/anyone and the screen shows the phone connecting, but I can't hear anything and the person on the other end cannot hear me either, but the call does go through.

The only way I have found to resolve this is to reset the phone. The speaker will then work again.

Anyone seen this happening? Any fixes?

I am running a number of programs on my palm, but here's a short list of what I use daily:
    TomTom Navigator
    Butler
    Phone Technician
    NVBackup
    Epocrates

Ideas?
    I used to have this issue too.. However, I found out that it usualy after I was using a wired headset. Sometimes, 'funk' gets into the headphonejack and makes the Treo think theres a headphone connected. It could also happen if you keep your Treo in your pocket and lint/debris ect could get inside.

Try blowing it out with a can of compressed air and swabbing it out with alchohol or electrical contact cleaner....or inserting and disconnecteing a headset a few times.
    Last edited by MilenkoD; 08/20/2007 at 02:49 PM.
    It's a problem that's been discussed here before, so a search may prove fruitful. I have the problem with mine, usually after I remove it from my Seidio Innodock, which has a built-in headphone plug that goes into the headphone jack. I can usually make the sound start working by sticking it back on the Seidio and jiggling it around, or by plugging in the headset and jiggling *it* around.

In my case, I can still use the speakerphone when I have the problem.
    Coming atcha from Phil a del phi a

Nokia 6160 --> Sony Ericsson T610 --> Treo 700p
    My wired headset was the culbrit too. I reset, hotsynced and got a bluetooth. No more problems.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    My phone sits in my pocket, but I never use a wired headset. If it is pocket gunk, why would it fix with a reset?

I use a stick on sheild bodyguardz for the "case", but the headphone jack is exposed. Does anyone make a "dust cap"? Should I just try taping the jack closed?
    You might download Volume Care as a trial. It has a setting that bypasses the headphone jack...if that fixes the problem, you know it's a jack receiver issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuffy2 View Post
    My phone sits in my pocket, but I never use a wired headset. If it is pocket gunk, why would it fix with a reset?

I use a stick on sheild bodyguardz for the "case", but the headphone jack is exposed. Does anyone make a "dust cap"? Should I just try taping the jack closed?
    Tape sounds like a good idea...you have a good point about a "reset" thhough. It can also be that pocket cruud trips the headphone jack to an "headset on" state, thus a reboot would reset this mode.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    You might download Volume Care as a trial. It has a setting that bypasses the headphone jack...if that fixes the problem, you know it's a jack receiver issue.
    Trying this now, will report back.

Thanx