1.    #1  
    I have a 700p right now and plan to get a 755p this week. My question is, i have a few things on my 700p i would like transfered to my 755p like Kinoma player, IM plus, tetris, Monopoly, and most important, all my contacts. How is it possible to do this? Can it all be done via hotsync? If so will it transfer over correctly since i am guessing the 755p and newer software then the 700p it is coming from?

Thanks in advance!
    make sure that you hot sync your 700p with your pc right before inserting the new CD that comes with the 755. Then just insert the 755 CD and follow the instructions.

Some software may require that you re-enter your activation code, so make sure that you have them nearby.

It is pretty straight forward.
    Kinoma is set to the device ID and will require re-registration. Ben
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rome View Post
    make sure that you hot sync your 700p with your pc right before inserting the new CD that comes with the 755. Then just insert the 755 CD and follow the instructions.

Some software may require that you re-enter your activation code, so make sure that you have them nearby.

It is pretty straight forward.
    Thanks. So another words, the new software just updates mine and does not replace it right? All my applications/contacts will then be transfered to the new phone?

Like the person above said, Kinoma player needs a new activation code, so i need to buy it again? Is IM plus or any of the games i bought like that too?

Thanks again
    I have always been told a clean install is the way to go, Find your backup folder in the old desktop and rename it to old backup. It is the folder with your hotsync name. Then install the new desktop and hotsync. Use your old hotsync name and it will transfer all the contacts, calendar and other Pims. Then load the software fresh onto the 755 and add in your passwords. You can likely write to Kinoma and they will give you a new activation code for the 755, as long as you use it only on this Treo in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neal7 View Post
    Like the person above said, Kinoma player needs a new activation code, so i need to buy it again?
    Nope! You just need to enter your registration email address here.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for the replys. The hotsync appears to have transfered everything over ok. Except, my two games i bought from sprint tetris and monopoly are not transfered? anyone know why? or how i can transfer them. I suppose it is not a big deal if they cant be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neal7 View Post
    Thanks for the replys. The hotsync appears to have transfered everything over ok. Except, my two games i bought from sprint tetris and monopoly are not transfered? anyone know why? or how i can transfer them. I suppose it is not a big deal if they cant be.

Just re-install them. Maybe they were on the card.