Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Good Post Syphex. Looks like I'm sticking with the mail2web service. Now if Yahoo would only offer to retain a copy of the message you auto forward.
    Anyone found a way to make show html, instead of just links?
    Matty
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I'm on a corporate account, with 5000 other Sprint Treo users and for some reason, even though it's free, sprint is requiring the main account password to get this app. You know the chance of me getting that, are nil and none. Anyway someone can send me this app so I can try it on my Treo 755p?

Thanks
    Tony
    hey guys - quick question...i actually like this software quite a bit...i have set up google and yahoo mail to work with this...and whenever there is a new mail, i get an alert within a couple of minutes...

however, since yesterday - i have not been getting any alerts from my gmail account...yahoo alerts are working fine...

anybody facing the same problem? any suggestions?

thanks!
    Another thing i noticed about this program when i use my gmail acct. and i delete the emails off my treo it deletes the emails completely. but when i use my aim acct. it only deletes it on my treo and I can still see them when i go online and check my mail anyone else notice this.
    Sero Plan 1250 ($50), FIMF ($0), M2M ($0), Sprint 2 Home ($0), 6pm nights ($0), Insurance ($7), Unlimited text ($0) 40% Monthly Discount Total: $34.20 + Tax
    Quote Originally Posted by tonye5 View Post
    I'm on a corporate account, with 5000 other Sprint Treo users and for some reason, even though it's free, sprint is requiring the main account password to get this app. You know the chance of me getting that, are nil and none. Anyway someone can send me this app so I can try it on my Treo 755p?

Thanks
    Tony
    Hey Tony....

I downloaded this app to my Sprint 700p without a password or secret handshake....

From your 755p, go to:

http://vision.sprintpcs.com/

and tap the following links:
    My Account
    My Content Manager
    IM & Email
    Sprint (R) Email app

Then tap the Download button. After it downloads, tap the Save button and it will be installed into your 755p RAM.

If for some strange reason you can't download it, I'll extract the prc file from my RAM and mail it to you.

has anyone determined if this is really 'push' ?

EDIT-

yea I dont see the 'push' feature working, have to manually check them...

that sucks, I was all excited, I thought I found a free email app worth while.
    Last edited by cathartic8881; 09/22/2007 at 02:51 PM.
    I'm a Pre gal now
    Quote Originally Posted by syphex View Post
    this app really isn't true push.. I get my mail pushed to me via mail2web.com in seconds... some times my email is sent faster then my sms msges.. if you all are looking for true push server sign up free at mail2web.com and just forward all your hotmail/yahoo/gmail accounts over to that account and you will love it.
    can someone give me a step by step run down of how to set this up on a 755? Please
    I'm a Pre gal now
    Quote Originally Posted by cathartic8881 View Post
    has anyone determined if this is really 'push' ?
    I've found that push works for imap based mail - AIM, AOL, Yahoo...

It doesn't work for Sprint PCS mail, which I would think would be a no brainer. Instead, you just get the usual SMS alert, and then have to manually pull the message. Same goes for other POP accounts.

-B
    Still trying to figure out how to use mail2web for emails on my 755.... anyone?

all help is greatly appreciated!
    I'm a Pre gal now
    Global Posts
    637 Global Posts
    I think the program works great - it gets pushes from yahoo and gmail for me - gmail is not imap!

Works great and less filling!
    I found the app on the Sprint website also and was able to download it directly to my 700p. After install, it even auto-directed me to an "upgraded version".

After configuring it for 3-4 email accounts, including 2 on AOL it did "push" within a few minutes when I sent a test email to AOL.

However, over the past 3 days, I have experienced at least one reset per day.

Since this is the only new app I have installed in a while, I had to delete it. It may work fine on the 755 but it was not stable for my 700.

It could also be conflicting and fighting for resources with Intellisync which pushes my GroupWise mail and calendar items to my device.

It was a nice try though and I did like the appearance and functionality of it.
    "Arguing with a police officer is like mud wrestling a pig.
    Eventually you realize that the pig likes it."
    Quote Originally Posted by cathartic8881 View Post
    Still trying to figure out how to use mail2web for emails on my 755.... anyone?

all help is greatly appreciated!
    goto live.mail2web.com there at the bottom of the page will be where you need to click to setup a new account. Make sure that you are at the LIVE site since the other free email service they offer isn't EAS (Exchange activesync). Now once you have registered and can now access your account click on Options (should be on the bottom left of the screen) and then click View ActiveSync Settings. Most likely your server name that you have to put in your phone is: mobile.exchange.mail2web.com . Just setup a new account using versamail and make sure you select activesync as the type and enter all your info you should be set let me know if you have any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by estroh View Post
    I think the program works great - it gets pushes from yahoo and gmail for me - gmail is not imap!

Works great and less filling!
    Thats because its not true push. As far as Ive read all this program does is send you an sms allerting you that theirs is mail. This will not only eat up your sms msgs it will also only allow 160 characters.
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    I have this app running well with Yahoo and Gmail on my 755P. It defenitly blows away VersaMail, and it seems to do Push on both my Yahoo and Gmail accounts. I say that because whenever I open it, it shows that I have new messages since the last time I checked and it's accurate. I turned off the notification because that is a battery killer.

I do have one problem with this app (why I have Chatter for my main email) and that is, it does not seem to give you the option to run it from the card. I check the memory, and even with just 25 msgs on each account, it's using like 3.5 MB of RAM.

My question is, has anyone been successful at running this from say, a 2 GB SanDISK regular speed Mini SD card? I am anxiously awaiting my new 4 GB HCSD Kingston which should arrive tomorrow. Please let e know if anyone has figured this out.

Thanks
    how does Push mail really work? Does it maintain an active connection using PowerVision -- in real time, hourly intervals? If so, I'd imagine this consumes quite a bit of battery life. Can someone chime in if this is true?
    Quote Originally Posted by traderhenry View Post
    how does Push mail really work? Does it maintain an active connection using PowerVision -- in real time, hourly intervals? If so, I'd imagine this consumes quite a bit of battery life. Can someone chime in if this is true?
    True push using either Exchange Active Sync or IMAP. It does keep a constant connection with the server but I haven't really seen that big of a battery difference on the 755p at all. It is a constant connection, I actually see my emails hit my phone before it hits my desktop app. This sprint app only sends your an sms notification that you have new mail its not true push and from what I have read it eats your battery up pretty bad. If you are interested in push then you can try out mail2web like ive mentioned before in this post. It will give you a good idea on if you like it or not. I would suggest using chatter to do this with since it is a better client then versamail but I use versamail because it syncs email/calender/contacts with my exchange server where chattermail only syncs your mail, and when you enable push on your phone you automatically lose the ability to sync calender and contacts with your palm sync software I just stuck with versamail.
    Quote Originally Posted by syphex View Post
    goto live.mail2web.com there at the bottom of the page will be where you need to click to setup a new account. Make sure that you are at the LIVE site since the other free email service they offer isn't EAS (Exchange activesync). Now once you have registered and can now access your account click on Options (should be on the bottom left of the screen) and then click View ActiveSync Settings. Most likely your server name that you have to put in your phone is: mobile.exchange.mail2web.com . Just setup a new account using versamail and make sure you select activesync as the type and enter all your info you should be set let me know if you have any problems.

Thanks so much!

I have my gmail accounts set up this way thru Versamail and it works great! I also have my AOL accounts set up on Versa but only because they arent able to be forwarded to the mail2web account. The AOL accounts are set to be checked every 15 minutes and thats okay with me. Thanks for all your help!!
    I'm a Pre gal now
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Treotraveler;

Thanks for the reply, I tried and got to the file, is $0.00 for cost, but when I tap on the "Get" icon it says my account is not authorized. So if you can send it to me I would really appreciate it.

Thank You
    Tony
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by antwone View Post
    Another thing i noticed about this program when i use my gmail acct. and i delete the emails off my treo it deletes the emails completely. but when i use my aim acct. it only deletes it on my treo and I can still see them when i go online and check my mail anyone else notice this.
    I have the same question. I'm using Embarq's POP mail, and everything works fine, except I really need to leave email on the server when I delete it off the Treo. Any ideas on how to do this?
    Safety and happiness can only come from individuals, classes, and nations being honest and fair and kind to each other.
    - C.S. Lewis
    check the settings and uncheck the box that says "delete mail on server when deleted on phone" it may be on the popup when you delete like on Versamail.

Anybody notice there's no way to get to the Drafts folder?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast