Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    To receive a link to install this email application, text the word “email” to Sprint at 777468 (SPRINT) and then follow the instructions provided.

If you have a Treo 700p, for some reason Sprint will block you from downloading the program, but if you have a Treo 755p you can simply Bluetooth the application over to the Treo 700p (do it from a Sprint store if you don't have easy access to a Treo 755p).

I installed this application on my 755p and noticed a number of oddities:

The first time I tried testing it out with a Yahoo account it worked quite smoothly, with email being pushed out to the Treo within about a minute after it was sent. Not bad for free program... or so I thought.

I sent another message and this time it took five minutes before it was received by the Treo.

I then set up a second Yahoo account and sent out an email to both email addresses, only to find that one account ended up receiving the message three or four minutes later, while the other account took 15 minutes before the message showed up! Bizarre.

Even more bizarreness followed after I Bluetoothed the application from my Treo 755p to my Treo 700p and set it up with the identical two Yahoo email accounts and sent CC'ed copies of the same email to both accounts at the same time. The results:

Treo 700p
    Account A - message received in 5 minutes.
    Account B - Message received in 10 minutes.

Treo 755p
    Account A - message received in 20 minutes.
    Account B - message received in 25 minutes.

I hope someone here can make sense of this. My brain hurts!

The bottom line is that if you need "real" push email I would not suggest relying on this application. Sometimes you get what you pay for.
    can some one upload this app for us 700P users?
    Sprint Palm Pre
    How do you get it to work with Hotmail? I don't see an option for that.
    Looks like GMAIL does not push. You have to manually receive it each time.
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    This app is awesome....

The best part is that it shows the "all mail" part of gmail instead of my inbox, which is great because my inbox is empty because outlook downloads it.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Does anyone have the prc to post? I would like to try, but can't get to a 755 any time soon to beam to my 700p.
    Download it using Text Messaging
    Text the word “email” to Sprint at 777468
    Follow the instructions provided
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Won't work via text message on 700p.
    this app really isn't true push.. I get my mail pushed to me via mail2web.com in seconds... some times my email is sent faster then my sms msges.. if you all are looking for true push server sign up free at mail2web.com and just forward all your hotmail/yahoo/gmail accounts over to that account and you will love it.
    Looks like theres an update to the program, just got it now
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    An update? I have version 6.7.4.467. What version do you have after the update?
    Has anyone had success having SprintPCS mail push?

I had my account set to send me a txt notification, but then tried turning it off. I've had no luck with getting POP accounts to push.

There seems to be absolutely no documentation, either. I just learned that it will retrieve email if you hold the email button down.

-B
    I tried it out for gmail, and my corporate account. I set it up as IMAP for my corp account. It had no access to my global address book, and I could not find an option to move emails to other folders. But, if it had those capabilities, I would choose it over VM.
    Matty
    So how about this....someone upload the file so people with a 700P can try it out since it will not allow us to download through sprint or text
    Sprint Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by zosomagnus View Post
    According to Sprint it is included in all Vision Packs. See link below.

http://nextelonline.nextel.com/en/se...t_mobile_email
    Ummm...you may be misreading that. Sprint Power Vision is not the same as a "Vision Pack."

The website says....

Pricing
    Sprint Mobile eMail is included in all Sprint Power Vision Packs, which you can add to your service plan. These include the:
    Sprint Power Vision Access Pack -- $15/mo.
    Sprint Power Vision Music Pack -- $20/mo.
    Sprint Power Vision TV Pack -- $20/mo.
    Sprint Power Vision Navigation Pack -- $20/mo.

This sounds like it is part of a "Pack" of which you can choose, "Access", "Music", "TV" or "Navigation." Sounds like you get specific extras with these packs but all include the Sprint Mobile eMail. The Navigation Pack probably includes the GPS, the TV pack probably includes premium stations...etc.
  16.    #36  
    I just asked Sprint, this mobile Email app should be covered by the SERO plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    I just asked Sprint, this mobile Email app should be covered by the SERO plan.
    While I respect you and appreciate you asking....I have less confidence in the answers from Sprint reps....especially with the word "should" as opposed to "is."

I'm going slow with my new Sero account and 755p...just adding apps as I find a need (Ok...sometimes a want.) I'm pretty happy with both right now and don't want to screw anything up. :-)
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    I bet it works just like every other email program, and as long as you have unlimited data you should be fine. You probably need one of those "vision" packs to download it maybe?
    The "email" text to Sprint producted the followkk

Click here to download Sprint Mobile Email: http://gospv.com/email

It worked fine for me for all the accounts. It looks like the same app used for the Sprint Business Connect Personal app for corporate email, calendar and contacts downloads.

Funny that this works on my 755p but the BizCon Personal don't.

It works BUT it conflicts with another app that I have on my device; the result is that my mini-SD will not be recognized after installing it.

This is a well documented issue for the 755p. When two or more apps preferences or backgroud hooks conflict, the card cannot be seen anymore.

As a result I had to remove it.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    Quote Originally Posted by syphex View Post
    this app really isn't true push.. I get my mail pushed to me via mail2web.com in seconds... some times my email is sent faster then my sms msges.. if you all are looking for true push server sign up free at mail2web.com and just forward all your hotmail/yahoo/gmail accounts over to that account and you will love it.
    That is a good idea! I have tried it and mail arrives quickly after it hits mail2web server
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast