Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I upgraded my Verizon Treo 650 from 1.04a to 1.05a and ever since then, I'm having trouble with my Palm contacts program. Intermittently throughout the day, when I open the contacts program, the database of contact records will be blank--all contacts have disappeared. If I choose to add a new contact by tapping the button, my phone will automatically reset. In fact, that's the only way to make all the contacts on my phone reappear. Yes, after the reset, all contacts are restored until the next time this happens. I have over 6MB of memory left on the phone, so it's not a memory issue, I don't think...

In addition to this problem, sometimes my datebook program will also not show the normal, detailed hourly view of the day's appointments, but will show some sort of a today agenda--not my default view. This agenda view shows the number of email messages and tasks, etc. But there's no way to make the datebook to switch my favorite hourly view of the calendar events for the day, so I'll click one of the icons in the lower left of the screen to expand the view to a multi-month or year view of the calendar, which will also make the phone reset. As with the contacts program, after the reset, everything's fine until the next time this happens--usually the contacts disappear again later in the day, so I'll go through the reset cycle described above.

Has anyone else had this problem and know of a work around? This has been going on for about two months now and is frustrating!

Thanks in advance...
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I've tried a hotsync from PC to handheld to overwrite any corrupt database on the phone--no luck--it's still happening. I have tried DBFixit from Pimlico Software, but when the contacts disappear, I receive the following error within the DBFixit application after conducting the scan: "ContactsDB-PAdd Database not found (?)" When my calendar acts up (more often than the contacts disppearing), I receive a similar error from DBFixit saying the calendar databsase wasn't found...

Someone on the Palm.com discussions board said that if DBFixIt can't find those files something is either corrupting them or deleting them. Does anyone know if when I sync via Versamail 3.5 to my corporate Exchange server whether or not a new database for each of those files is created?

Does anyone have any other suggestions?
    Last edited by jwmraz; 08/31/2007 at 09:22 PM.