Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    I posted earlier in the week about having to replace the system board in my 755p due to a faulty headphone jack.

You may remember that I had to go to two different repair centers. At the first one they determined that it could not be fixed and ordered a replacement saying it would be in by Friday. Since I was going out of town on Wednesday I asked if it would be ok to go to a different repair center and try for a same-day fix.

They said no problem and if I was able to get it fixed they would just put the replacement in inventory for the next time they needed one.

As mentioned in the other post, the second repair facility was able to fix my phone by swapping out the system board. I went out of town and everything worked great.

I got in late last night and this morning I noticed a package on my doorstep. Imagine my surprise when I opened it to find a spankin' new Treo 755p. Not a refurb, a new phone.

I called Sprint to see what was going on and they said the replacement was authorized and that I should use it. The service rep even walked me through activation.

I asked what I should do with the old phone and the he said. "It's yours, you can keep it as a backup or activate it with the other line on your account."

Whoa.

Thanks guys!
    Obscura
    Quote Originally Posted by Obscura View Post
    I posted earlier in the week about having to replace the system board in my 755p due to a faulty headphone jack.

You may remember that I had to go to two different repair centers. At the first one they determined that it could not be fixed and ordered a replacement saying it would be in by Friday. Since I was going out of town on Wednesday I asked if it would be ok to go to a different repair center and try for a same-day fix.

They said no problem and if I was able to get it fixed they would just put the replacement in inventory for the next time they needed one.

As mentioned in the other post, the second repair facility was able to fix my phone by swapping out the system board. I went out of town and everything worked great.

I got in late last night and this morning I noticed a package on my doorstep. Imagine my surprise when I opened it to find a spankin' new Treo 755p. Not a refurb, a new phone.

I called Sprint to see what was going on and they said the replacement was authorized and that I should use it. The service rep even walked me through activation.

I asked what I should do with the old phone and the he said. "It's yours, you can keep it as a backup or activate it with the other line on your account."

Whoa.

Thanks guys!
    Nice of Sprint to do that
    whoa! an extra 755p! i'd sell one!
    Quote Originally Posted by willpooted View Post
    Nice of Sprint to do that
    I'm assuming Sprint made the mistake and instead of expecting him to send it they let him have it because you got a nice rep. I'd sell the new one!
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    I would hold onto it for a while. Sprint is famous for saying one thing and doing another.

I would not be surpised if a return package comes in a few days. Normally thier return packages come a few days after your new phone.

after waiting a few weeks....... ebay it baby!
    Lenny

Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

[Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway
    My son who works for Sprint laughed when I read him your post...

Personally I would wait for the first bill after recieving the phone to ebay it...
    Ya, my bet is you're going to see it show up on your next bill.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    When I was checking to see what the deal was they said the replacement was paid for by my insurance.

I don't mind sending back the old phone but I'm not paying for a new one.
    Obscura