1.    #1  
    So i'm comfortable with the "ROM tool" but I haven't kept right up to date with all the goings on with the new variations to roms that everyone has tried.

I am about to update the ROM on my unlocked GSM phone. I don't want to remove too much of the stuff that came with the TREO, just language / tutorial etc, and I would like to update the following:

1. Fast Mode blazer mine is currently 4.3.2.1 is fastmode different to this?
    2. sdhc update for 8gig cards, is this just the Fat 32 update?
    3. I would like to add notepad to rom
    4. I would like to add voicememo to rom

Any suggestions or links to the relevant files (a lot of them seem to have disappeared) would be appreciated.

Dave
    Last edited by dbmgreen; 08/18/2007 at 10:50 PM.
    I just started messing with the rom a few days ago. Somewhere on here or mytreo I downloaded a rom with that exact setup with the exception of fast blazer. I do suggest you just mod your own, there a thread with the fast blazer info I just added it to mine last night.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks mate, I'm happy to mod my own, I was just looking for any other enhancements that I may have missed vs the standard rom stripped...
    Quote Originally Posted by dbmgreen View Post
    2. sdhc update for 8gig cards, is this just the Fat 32 update?
    Nope. You also have to delete the existing SD slot driver and add in the one from the 680. It's pretty straightforward if you're already familiar with ROM editing though. See here for details. I'm using it now and it works quite well.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbmgreen View Post
    3. I would like to add notepad to rom
    4. I would like to add voicememo to rom
    I'd actually advise against putting extra things in ROM, unless you really need them to be there after a hard reset. Read this to learn about the relationship between the RAM and NVFS of the 650. Basically, the smaller you make the ROM image, the more DBCache space you'll have in RAM for active programs. This has convinced me to pare down as much as possible.
    Last edited by spurdy; 08/19/2007 at 03:57 AM.
    Visor Platinum w/ VisorPhone > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile