Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Im back in the saddle again guys... the adaptor i have used in one of my replies above just got broke...

Here are my top Candidates so far...

Sennheiser MM50 Stereo Headset for Mobile Phones - $42
    http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...TL._SS500_.jpg

Plantronics MHS 213 - $16-29
    http://www.plantronics.com/images/ca...ize/mhs213.jpg

Shure i2c-t - $99
    http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...1L._SS500_.jpg

Of course the Palm Pro headset is always a candidate... $30 here in TC
    http://store.treocentral.com/store_i...large/1644.jpg

Oh i did start a thread about this other headset i found:
    Comply NR-1CS $40-70
    http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...HL._AA175_.jpg

ANyone with any recommendations or experiences with these? I am particularly interested if the Plantronics and Senheisser works with the Treo.

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    I'm happy with the palm pro. Pretty good sound. Pretty good sound isolation. Cheap, so when I lose them or break them, not too much of a pain.
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by santa View Post
    I'm happy with the palm pro. Pretty good sound. Pretty good sound isolation. Cheap, so when I lose them or break them, not too much of a pain.
    Yeah i was leaning towards that but i did come across the Sennheiser one which is just about $10 more... it IS Sennheiser so i really got interested. Of course the Plantronics is even cheaper and its about the same price as the Palm one. With shipping the Palm ends up at about $36... AMazon carries the Sennheiser around $42 and free shipping.

Thanks for your feedback though!

Others pls? If y'all notice i prefer in-ear buds.

THanks!
    Enclosed another link to a lesser known company but with high quality products and very good customer service too.

I personally don't use their stereo headset - Use on a daily basis the the Etycom Headset. As I use my phone the 755 many times on construction sites this earphone was the only one which worked out for my situation.

http://www.etymotic.com/ephp/hscomp.aspx
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by cellwizzard View Post
    Enclosed another link to a lesser known company but with high quality products and very good customer service too.

I personally don't use their stereo headset - Use on a daily basis the the Etycom Headset. As I use my phone the 755 many times on construction sites this earphone was the only one which worked out for my situation.

http://www.etymotic.com/ephp/hscomp.aspx

THats way off my price range my friend. Thanks for the link though!
    Sennheiser MM50 Stereo Headset these look promising. I am looking for ome myself. My Sue i3c-t seem not to work with my 750.
  7.    #27  
    i'm writing this as I come out of the store.... have just tried the plantronics one at our local office depot... sound came out of one side only. WONT WORK.

so that's one less to choose from. just a heads up.
    This most important thing for me is, not only does the inline mic work but if it works with Headset Control and other software to control Pocket Tunes with the end call button on the mic

I know the SHURE I2C's doesn't do that.

Does the Etymotics one do that?
  9.    #29  
    I am not aware of any wired headsets that can do that on the Treo. I know bluetooth headsets do.
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lalala View Post
    This most important thing for me is, not only does the inline mic work but if it works with Headset Control and other software to control Pocket Tunes with the end call button on the mic

I know the SHURE I2C's doesn't do that.

Does the Etymotics one do that?
    The palm pro works OK with headset control. Short/long works great. Double click ones don't always work.
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    I am not aware of any wired headsets that can do that on the Treo. I know bluetooth headsets do.
    http://www.jwideas.com/
    Do the OP, did you figure out which headset to go with? the Sennheiser MM50 apparently only allows audio through one ear
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by lalala View Post
    Do the OP, did you figure out which headset to go with? the Sennheiser MM50 apparently only allows audio through one ear
    I went with a Motorola S9 bluetooth headset instead... and never regreted it. Sound quality was AWESOME!! far better than any headphones i have had before. Of course there are hiccups here and there with SAG, but its worth keeping.

I got them at ebay for around $55. Now spending more than that for a "wired" headset like the ones we have described above feels too pricey.

Might just get the same 2.5-3.5 adaptor with built-in mic from best buy that i used before for backup.

I suggest before plucking down >$50 for a headset, find a good deal on a BT headset and see how the experience is for you (apparently experience may vary depending on the BT radio of the phone you have... some are having problems)
    Is the Shure i2c-t the best?

I need a good headset that is excellent for talking and that I can also use for music and TV. I want a wired set that fits tightly in the ear.

I am so tired of yelling into my phone and having to set the volume so high, everyone around me can hear my conversations.

I also like ear buds that fit tightly inside the ear and block outside noise.

Does the adapter mic work well indoors? Does it work worse in wind than just talking into the phone, or is it about the same? I have an adapter for listening, but it doesn't work for talking.

What is the best? Forget about price. I'm sick of playing around.
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by wildcatter View Post
    Is the Shure i2c-t the best?

I need a good headset that is excellent for talking and that I can also use for music and TV. I want a wired set that fits tightly in the ear.

I am so tired of yelling into my phone and having to set the volume so high, everyone around me can hear my conversations.

I also like ear buds that fit tightly inside the ear and block outside noise.

Does the adapter mic work well indoors? Does it work worse in wind than just talking into the phone, or is it about the same? I have an adapter for listening, but it doesn't work for talking.

What is the best? Forget about price. I'm sick of playing around.
    Looks like the Shure i series is the best fit for you.

Like i said, try some bluetooth headset you can easily buy in your area. So you can try it out and can easily return it. Unfortunately, unless you;re in a big city, the Shure ones and other top quality headphones are only available online, and that takes time.

The top BT headsets i believe are the Motorola S9's and the Plantronics 855. The plantronics have in ear tips so that may be ok. The S9 may not be in-ear but it blocks the sound in the environment very well.
    I haven't used a bluetooth headset since I had my 700p and was brand new to a Treo. It kept cutting out and I took it back during my 30 day trial. I'm not sure if I just didn't know what I was doing, or if there was a problem with the phone or headset.

I bought the adapter today, since I saw it at Best Buy. I'm going to try it out a bit, but will probably give it to my friend and buy the Shure headset when I transfer some funds onto my debit card.
    Same here wildcatter. I used the trial SAG with Motorola S9, but the sound kept cutting out. When it was working, the sound was fantastic, but it was so infuriating, i havent' used bluetooth since. I dont' think it was anything I was doing, but I'd love to hear if anyone else had the cutting out problem, then fixed it.
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinner23 View Post
    Same here wildcatter. I used the trial SAG with Motorola S9, but the sound kept cutting out. When it was working, the sound was fantastic, but it was so infuriating, i havent' used bluetooth since. I dont' think it was anything I was doing, but I'd love to hear if anyone else had the cutting out problem, then fixed it.
    Mine cuts out more in the outdoors. In certain stores or areas where probably there is a lot of radio noise. But it works perfectly in areas where i use it the most - the car, in coffee shops and in my room.

I think you may have had an S9 with poor BT radio on it. I had mine replaced recently and this has been working fine. I have come to terms with the fact that its not gonna work 100% smoothly, but like i said it works where i need it to work and like you said, when it works, it sounds fantastic!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12