Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    If the phone is to appeal to the younger phone users and there are Palm thousands of Palm OS apps available; this leads me to wonder "What apps should Palm Include on the Centro out the box?"

Well a game is a must include.
    For one I love Astraware's products so it should include one of theirs; however, Bewelled is a little too old (too slow) for them.

How about Ultimate Bowling Fighter? My kids love this game.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    easier to use phone app to add incoming numbers to existing contacts etc. I know newer treos have this ability, but just a simple phone app. For instance, it drives me nuts that M is for mobile and also main #. I wish that could be changed. How about DialbyPhoto type app for your five favorite friends like tmobile does. GPS for tracking where your kids are.
  3.    #3  
    It should have PTunes Deluxe with a dual headset that looks closer to the one the iPhone has and less like the awkward one the comes with the 755p.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    I would like it to have the same over the air downloads that Sprint's UPSTAGE is able to do. Then have it synced with the Foleo. THat would be a hit!
    Youtube, and a MySpace blogging tool. Isn't that obvious to every (young) person?
    I asked the 15 year old.

1. Pocket tunes
    2. if no 3.5mm jack then include stero headphones
    3. Threaded text messaging (already there I am sure)
    4. Documents to go
    5. AstraWare games, including Bejeweled.
    6. A card reader safter that they can use a cable to load up microSD
    7. Phone app from the 680 (go figure)
    8. Notepad
    9. Ringtone app like minitones. iphone can't do ringtones.
    10. An easy way to load movies, desktop app to convert movies and player. (simlar to the fairuse/TCPMP)

"This would be a sick tight thing to have"
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

A 15-year old wants Docs to Go? That's a surprise.
    A multiclient IM app for sure
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim View Post
    I'm 17 and use it
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim View Post
    He says it is Homework to go for him.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

If they are going to create new apps, an assignment list, subject, teacher, due date, pages to read, additonal notes, and a road map to break the assignments down (etc read x by xx-xx-2007, write draft by xx-xx-2007, ) which you can also check off and change color when completed, with integration into the calendar, including a link in the calendar that takes you back to the orginal homework assignment log and roadmap if you click on the calendar event.

I actually would like to see a goal program with something like that as well. So you can create a goal, decide what steps to take by when, and include this on the calendar with a link back to the orginial goal and roadmap. There is probably something like that already, but if not I'm sure one of the agile minds here can write something.

Are there any pics of this phone yet?
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki View Post
    If they are going to create new apps, an assignment list, subject, teacher, due date, pages to read, additonal notes, and a road map to break the assignments down (etc read x by xx-xx-2007, write draft by xx-xx-2007, ) which you can also check off and change color when completed, with integration into the calendar, including a link in the calendar that takes you back to the orginal homework assignment log and roadmap if you click on the calendar event.

I actually would like to see a goal program with something like that as well. So you can create a goal, decide what steps to take by when, and include this on the calendar with a link back to the orginial goal and roadmap. There is probably something like that already, but if not I'm sure one of the agile minds here can write something.

Are there any pics of this phone yet?
    Due Yesterday is a pretty good program for the school stuff that breaks stuff down by subject/teacher. Does basically everything you just asked for
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    MUSIC MUSIC MUSIC

And IM

IM, E-mail, Music, Web, TM .... lot's of Ring tones. Pics of callers.
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    As a member of the target audience (I'm 15 and a sophomore in highschool) I felt like I should give my input...
    I agree with Jamesgangut's list of features and programs, but also would like a program that is simple and more effective for organizing my school work. right now i use date book and just set all my homework as floating events. this works, but a program like due yesterday that organizes everything by subject period and teacher would be a very cool program. along with that Documents to go is a must have!!! there have been many times when i cant get to a computer whether im at a friends house or am in the car and i realize that i have an essay i ned to type for english and is due tomorrow and i just whip out my phone and start typing away. i have typed complete papers on my phone. i would also like youtube but that could just be added as one of the default favorites in web. i would also like to stand up for Bejeweled. i actually play it often, especially when i am chilling with my friends and we are all talking. it gives me something to do with my hands while staying involved in the conversation. so thats all i have hope it helps!
    Last edited by B-rock; 08/21/2007 at 05:49 PM. Reason: Adding in
  15.    #15  
    Bejewelled still gets played as a solitaire game, but the two games that my kids will swipe my Treo in a minute to play for several more are :

Ultimate Bowling Fighter v1.00 - a non-stop, round-the-world bowling challenge tournament for your handheld. Select your character to battle against international opponents, unlock new challengers and locations.

Farkle Dice 1.1 - an easy to learn and fun to play. You'll have hours of entertainment challenging the six unique computer players. Roll the dice to earn big points! That one lucky combination could put you in the lead.

Now your friends can join in the fun. We play these two as family fun for the four of us.

Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    There are defiantly more fun and exciting games than Bejeweled I was merely saying that it shouldn't be ruled out entirely because I do play it and think its nice to have on my phone.
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nojok3 View Post
    Due Yesterday is a pretty good program for the school stuff that breaks stuff down by subject/teacher. Does basically everything you just asked for
    I LOVE DUE YESTERDAY! One of my 3 reasons I stay with Palm OS. Sophomore in High school and it saves my ****!
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
    Global Posts
    760 Global Posts
    Where can you find that software? My daughter will love that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jas O View Post
    Where can you find that software? My daughter will love that.
    http://nosleepsoftware.sourceforge.n...?page=download
    Its freeware as well!

I agree about Bejeweled though, I'm 17 and going into my freshman year of college and I play it. Stupid stereotypes
    Global Posts
    760 Global Posts
    Thanks!!! Already downloaded and on her palm. Just in time for the start of school on Monday.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast