Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I am also getting due yesterday on my treo. thank you for posting that web address!
    I must admit, since the palm has so much available software, that it would be a good idea for the teenage student or college age kid to have it.

Its like a Macbook Pro and Macbook... both do well and have great specs (sorry for apple reference...)
    Quote Originally Posted by nojok3 View Post
    http://nosleepsoftware.sourceforge.n...?page=download
    Its freeware as well!

I agree about Bejeweled though, I'm 17 and going into my freshman year of college and I play it. Stupid stereotypes
    Thanks for the link, great app.
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    I can name a dozen of my friends that would trade in their Moto Razr's on T-Mobile and Sprint for a Centro in half a second, even if they needed to pay $149 for it in their own money.

The applications that are out there, especially free. The games, and the sweet features are like getting a mini-Mac!

Did anyone else see the report of Palm getting a GSM Treo "500" passed the FCC on August 14th?? I hope its a Centro style for AT&T and maybe T-Mobile.

I admit, Palm must include more "youth" applications with the smartphones. Google Maps and pTunes are two huge steps, but a flickr upload tool, bundled AIM on every carrier, and if not a MySpace application... a myspace message notification thing. Get it together and do the Nokia N-Series things! Those things rock!
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
    Quote Originally Posted by fishera View Post
    I can name a dozen of my friends that would trade in their Moto Razr's on T-Mobile and Sprint for a Centro in half a second, even if they needed to pay $149 for it in their own money.

The applications that are out there, especially free. The games, and the sweet features are like getting a mini-Mac!

Did anyone else see the report of Palm getting a GSM Treo "500" passed the FCC on August 14th?? I hope its a Centro style for AT&T and maybe T-Mobile.

I admit, Palm must include more "youth" applications with the smartphones. Google Maps and pTunes are two huge steps, but a flickr upload tool, bundled AIM on every carrier, and if not a MySpace application... a myspace message notification thing. Get it together and do the Nokia N-Series things! Those things rock!
    Flickr has a mobile link that you can email pictures too, but then again therse no app. I don't think a MySpace application is possible I'm pretty sure they have an agreement with Cingular that would prevent any other carriers to use it (Cingular charges for it too). You can setup MySpace to send an e-mail notification when you receive a new comment/message and then you get the e-mail from your email program on your phone.
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    yeah but a flickr app would be REALLY nice! its possible too! *hint hint *nudge nudge developers

umm... yeah but we can all dream lol

im looking at the Nokia N81 to be announced 2morow in London, its nice! it reminds me of my first phone- NGage!
    Aaron M. Fisher

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post
    Youtube, and a MySpace blogging tool. Isn't that obvious to every (young) person?

If Sprint did add those 2 apps, and advertise it right, $$$$$$$$$$$

Music, IM, youtube, myspace, text, games & video are a kid's fantasy device. I still wonder why slingbox isn't pushed more...but again, that remains a relatively unknown device (til apple markets it..lol).

I think the dueyesterday and docstogo are nice, but that won't sell the device. Those type kids are in the minority of youths that would use it for that.

However, Palm's problem remains at marketing. First, they gotta make these devices known and what they can do (not to mention cool looking). I'd imagine that most people (not just kids) have no clue about 3rd party palm programs.

For many people, the iphone was the first eye opener that smartphones exist.

As for the Foleo, my wife's and anyone i mention it to first response is "huh"? And of course, upon mentioning what it is and what it might be able to do (since palm isn't very clear on it), they're like "i have a laptop already"
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Music, IM, youtube, myspace, text, games & video are a kid's fantasy device. I still wonder why slingbox isn't pushed more...but again, that remains a relatively unknown device (til apple markets it..lol).

I think the dueyesterday and docstogo are nice, but that won't sell the device. Those type kids are in the minority of youths that would use it for that.

However, Palm's problem remains at marketing. First, they gotta make these devices known and what they can do (not to mention cool looking). I'd imagine that most people (not just kids) have no clue about 3rd party palm programs.

For many people, the iphone was the first eye opener that smartphones exist.

As for the Foleo, my wife's and anyone i mention it to first response is "huh"? And of course, upon mentioning what it is and what it might be able to do (since palm isn't very clear on it), they're like "i have a laptop already"
    While it may not sell the device, I swear by DueYesterday for school.
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    same here. im back in school now and Due Yesterday is a life saver!

Only hassle is my fight to have my school ease up on cell phone use, its a pain to explain to teachers that I am using the PDA, not the phone to take notes and hw down. pain in the ****.
    Aaron M. Fisher

PDA/ Smartphones:
    I'll have to check out this Due Yesterday app. I just make little categories for each of my classes in the calendar and a different color for each class. Also I use Unimatrix for my schedules.
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    due yesterday also exports to tasks and calendar in palm os.

I want the programer to maybe update it, add block scheduling maybe.
    Aaron M. Fisher

PDA/ Smartphones:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12