1.    #1  
    I have a 700p. Unfortunately, I'm new to the Treo and the 700p was new before the upgrade. I've received a replacement phone, because of the headset jack going out. I'm constantly having trouble with the SD slot no longer being recognized w/o a hard reset. Because I have MSBackup, I then have to play with previous backup version, until I find one that still recognized the SD slot.

Has anyone else been having problems with their SD card/slot, being recognized after the MR or is this a problem that has always been an issue for the 700p.

Not being able to rely upon being able to keep keep current information on my Treo, if I want to use programs like E-reader, audible, DTG, PTunes, TomTom, and numerous other applications that allow you to store massive information on the SD card instead of main memory, is leading me to give up on the Treo. It's too much effort for a time saving device.
  2. PSM
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    I haven't heard of any SD problems related to the MR. If I'm reading correctly, it sounds like you're saying that some of your backups allow the card to work and some don't? That sounds like a software conflict with something that's on one of those backup files but not the other.
  3.    #3  
    Original quote by PSM:
    I haven't heard of any SD problems related to the MR. If I'm reading correctly, it sounds like you're saying that some of your backups allow the card to work and some don't? That sounds like a software conflict with something that's on one of those backup files but not the other.
    I'll check it out, but I don't think that there is any software on my 8/16/07 backup that wasn't on my 8/08/07 backup. That's one of the reasons my card is set to backup at hotsync.
    I have a work application, GroupWise that syncs my work calendar and e-mail, but my home e-mail can be downloaded strait to my pda. The problem appears to occur after I sync at home.

Unfortunately, it's my home the sync my SpashID and quicken. It's just hard trying to figure out exactly what's causing the issues. I also thought that the issue could be solely related to syncing with my desktop, because I don't recall the problem occurring after syncing with my laptop. Of course, I don't want to pull out my miniature laptop every time I update quicken or SplashID

I'll put a text files with my backups from now on (copied to desktop) that will alert me to any changes between backups and test your theory. Thank you for the advise.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    Has anyone else been having problems with their SD card/slot, being recognized after the MR or is this a problem that has always been an issue for the 700p.
    This is a common problem and I am not sure if it is MR related or not. I have experienced it frequently since getting my 700p last January.

See the thread below and there are others in TreoCentral that discuss it.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=143632

You will also find a link in there for a great little app called CardKeeper that will re-establish the connection to your SD card after resets and other things have failed.
    Last edited by ChiefBragg; 08/18/2007 at 12:14 PM.
    "Arguing with a police officer is like mud wrestling a pig.
    Eventually you realize that the pig likes it."
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by ChiefBragg:
    This is a common problem and I am not sure if it is MR related or not. I have experienced it frequently since getting my 700p last January.

See the thread below and there are others in TreoCentral that discuss it.
    Thanks Chief, I can't thank you enough. I had reviewed that thread in the past, but thought it mainly related to a particular SD card not being recognized. Since I didn't have the problem at the time, I guess I didn't absorb all of the information.

This will save all the little setting I make in software as I become more familiar with it. For example Butler remote lock, etc.
    If its coming up from your home computer, try renaming the backup folder on your home computer. This will clear out any old programs that might be in there that get hotsynced back onto your treo because its been hard reset.
  7.    #7  
    Original quote by cavingjan:
    If its coming up from your home computer, try renaming the backup folder on your home computer. This will clear out any old programs that might
    be in there that get hotsynced back onto your treo because its been hard reset.
    Thanks cavingjan, I've tried the new backup solution after the MR and it turned out to be the MR and fincky applications that need to run a few times.

Because I wasn't sure if I understood the change backup solution, I eventually did a factory reset of my laptop and started fresh.

Thus, my laptop works better with the Treo than the desktop. Your statement of rename your backup folder is clearer than a previous post I read. Next time I'll keep my software instead or make sure I make schedule backups of my computers with Acronis (I now backup with Acronis before I add new software).

I thought I'd ask if it was a known problem this time, before I took drastic measures. I think Chief's solution will work. The card unmounted and I used the Cardkeeper software to remount it. It was great. Of course then I got bold and tried to use a 4GB card that I've been able to use for media, but not for backups. It was too much too quickly, but I'm no longer frustrated.

Today I used my audible software in the background to listen to a book, while my TomTom software gave me turn by turn directions as I leisurely rode my bike.

I took one device instead of iPod, portable TomTom, and phone. It's the reason I haven't totally given up on my Treo 700p. With the remount solution, I can deal with everything else. "Life is Good." Thank you everyone for the help.