View Poll Results: Do you like Palm Centro?

Voters
198. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. And I think it'd have a chance in the smartphone world

139 70.20%
  • No. What was Palm thinking when they create this montrosity?

59 29.80%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    Its certainly doing better than the Foleo.

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/8...browserue0.png

Surur
    That poll is completely worthless. It is asking people if they like/dislike something that none of them have ever used or seen before. When I first read about the Mosaic web browser (probably the first web browser created) back in 1993 or so, I thought it was the stupidest thing ever conceived. Guess we all know how well my opinion faired out...

This Centro poll is much different as I can go down to my local cellphone shop and play around with devices similar to this one.

TKOS
    Last edited by TheKingOfSting; 08/28/2007 at 03:03 PM.
    With a $99 new customer price, that alone makes it kind of hard not to like.

Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheKingOfSting View Post
    That poll is completely worthless. It is asking people if they like/dislike something that none of them have ever used or seen before. When I first read about the Mosaic web browser (probably the first web browser created) back in 1993 or so, I thought it was the stupidest thing ever conceived. Guess we all know how well my opinion faired out...
    I no-one knows the value of something, or even a valid opinion on it, before it is realised, how does anything new ever come about? Sorry, that's just silly.

Informed opinions are better, but we can still discuss things in advance of release, surely?

This Centro poll is much different as I...
    ...agree with the result??
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    Quote Originally Posted by tirk View Post
    I no-one knows the value of something, or even a valid opinion on it, before it is realised, how does anything new ever come about? Sorry, that's just silly.
    Informed opinions are better, but we can still discuss things in advance of release, surely?
    ...agree with the result??

Yes, it is useful to discuss new technologies. What I was stating is that the poll is of no value and I continue to hold this position. The poster who referenced the poll in question was indicating that the poll was saying that the Foleo is a loss. I responded to this by saying that people's responses to the poll in question are based on their opinion of something they have never seen or used. It is a worthless poll.

We have no idea how good or bad the Foleo will be, just like I, and MANY others, had no idea how good or bad a WEB BROWSER would fair out in a market that had never seen a web brower.

It is good that we discuss it and try to figure it out, but we can't predict how good or bad it will do.. Bottom line is we might be looking at the best thing since sliced bread or the worst thing ever made.

End of story.

TKOS
    I like the idea of the Centro. Whether or not it meets my expectations..we won't find out until more informations leaks.

I have been looking to replace my treo 700p with a smaller phone with QWERTY keys. But I have been hesitant because I like all the software PALM has and its calendar function. So, if I can get a smaller treo and keep my small arsenal of software application then I will be onboard. In addition to a $99 price, I'll be sold.
    It's still running Garnet! How stable will it be? That's why I'm using a Blackberry now. Somebody wake me from cryogenic sleep when Palm finally releases a mobile with Linux.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123