1. jhn
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    I have gone from a Treo 330 to a 600 to a 650, now a 755.

I am about to give up and go with a Blackberry, keeping my 755 going has turned into a full time job.

The constant resets, Sprint & Palm tell me it is my 3rd party software, and to delete everthing but what came with the phone and not add anything, one tech guy at Palm told that in about 2 months Palm is coming out with a patch for all of the reset problems and to hang in there. But it has gotten out of hand.

Sprint only has a Blackberry 8830, anyone have any experience w/ it or opions.
    I still have the 8830 and its a great device. I'm in the process of exchanging it for the 755 I just received a few days ago. If I didn't already have a Nextel 7520, I would have kept it, but it didn't make sense to put the BB data plan on my secondary line which is what the Sprint line is. The only thing that botherd me about the 8830 was the build quality which was kind of flimsy. If you hold it too firmly in your hand it squeaks and it really gets on my nerves. The 755 has excellent build quality and the data is included with my Sero plan so for night and weekend use its great. Good luck with the Blackberry. They really are solid devices.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhn View Post
    I have gone from a Treo 330 to a 600 to a 650, now a 755.

I am about to give up and go with a Blackberry, keeping my 755 going has turned into a full time job.

The constant resets, Sprint & Palm tell me it is my 3rd party software, and to delete everthing but what came with the phone and not add anything, one tech guy at Palm told that in about 2 months Palm is coming out with a patch for all of the reset problems and to hang in there. But it has gotten out of hand.

Sprint only has a Blackberry 8830, anyone have any experience w/ it or opions.
    I agree with the original suggestion of removing your software. Did you sync the new 755p with all the old software from your 650? That is always risky...the risk being an unstable Treo.

I upgraded from a 650, and only imported by Contacts database. Secondly, I only installed software that I knew I would use and that I read was stable.

My 755p has been rock solid. The only resets I experienced is when I monkeyed with Operamini.
    I had a lot of resets too on my first week or so. I got mine on Aug 8, and i am still trying to figure out which apps are stable and which are not.

One thing i noticed though is that it reset a lot when IM apps like IM and Mundu are running in the background. And when the signal goes away it hangs. Is this normal?
    Signal strength is a factor with all devices Palm OS devices of this type. The device will hang for a moment as it attempts to establish connection with the network and also when your email program attempts to establish connection. In addition, if you are in an area where the cell is busy, it can take a few moments to get going.

Ben
    I am a 650 C/ATT user (x2) household and this week both switched to 755P Blue and Burgandy.

I have not moved anything to the new phone yet, but I am not experiencing resets. (had blue one almost a week) I have had one reset on the blue one when installing Sprint's IM client OTA.

So maybe check your third party software or as another poster suggested, only transfer contact data.

I learned many a treo ago, I never resync the new phone with old programs and Palm Desktop. I either just transfer the data base files for contacts and calendar, or I beam entries.
    I am just salesguy who needs and counts on his 650 but is interested for many reasons to move to 755p. Can another 755p power user tell me the following.

1) I just want to move my calender, memo and contacts over from 650 to 755--is this simple or complicated. I remember the 600-650 upgrade where you create a new back up file with a different name and it moves over files when you sync up new PDA. Does the instructions tell you how to do this. I would literally cry for days if I lost my contact and memo data files. .No third party software now

2) I understand I need to move my email to Active sync with our exchange server vs PCS push email on 650. WILL THIS DRAIN MY BATTERY!! I need a full 14 hours of charge which I get now on 650. I make 30-40 calls a day and jump on the net. IM is very active on phone--I know Nokia has bought this app but yahoo im is fine.

3)My internet speed is fine on 650 for what I use it for. Should I get EVDO. Sounds like it could drain battery constantly trying to connect. Is there a BATTERY ISSUe WITH THE 755P

4) If Palm is going to issue a fix--FOR WHAT?

Palm if your reading this, your losing sales by not addressing these blogs around the battery issues. Thanks for any comments.