1.    #1  
    I'm mostly interested in using the 755p internet connectivity to connect to remote machines for work. I'm wondering if the latency is a problem for things like pcanywhere and rdp? I will most likely be using sprint.

I know from doing some searches that people ARE using the 650 and 755p for this purpose, but I wonder how pleasant the experience is?

Thanks in advance, and I'm sorry if this question has been answered, and my lousy searching skills didn't lead me to the answer already.
    Last edited by queequeg; 08/20/2007 at 12:51 PM.
  2.    #2  
    Perfromance:

Hrm. Well I think that is slang for a disposable date, one specifically involving sex using the kind of condoms you have to separate from each other using perforations. "I'm never going to get married, I'm way too big of a perfromantic."

Perfromance:

A subtype of romance language that many deem "perfect." French might be the best example since many people not only love the French language, but they also deem it very romantic, so it is a twofer.

Perfromance:

A love hate relationship where both parties frequently think of poking the other party with a fork, rendering them unable to float, or at least unable to float without drawing a large school of sharks.

Perfromance:

Short for "Performance Romance" and meant mainly to protect politicians from accusations of being gay. However unlike the term "Beard," Perfromance can be for people for either sex.
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    I think it works pretty well for RDP, I use it fairly frequently and its quite tolerable as long as you are in EVDO territory.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson View Post
    I think it works pretty well for RDP, I use it fairly frequently and its quite tolerable as long as you are in EVDO territory.
    Thanks. I was starting to think that nobody was going to reply. ;-)
    I got 500-600 kbps downloads when I tethered my Macbook Pro with my 755p today. Not bad. Way faster than when I used the Blackberry 8830, which topped out around 200-300.
    woo brooooose welcome back!!!!
    I have tried both tethered and BT using USBModem (never could get the hack to work right) and my experience is that tethered is considerable faster. However the location makes a HUGE difference. Connection to the net with a 755P is flakey at best.
    I use pdanet about a hour a day, and it has worked flawlessly
    HTC Touch Pro
    Ive used pdanet and usbmodem and found they connect perfectly every time ive used them. I even recently used them while I was in the hospital and all the nurses were really amazed at how I was doing it and how fast it was.
    How does the speed compare between BT and USB connection?

I've never used Treo as my modem but I am thinking about doing it from now on.

Does BT connection as good as USB?
    BT was never very reliable for me with the T650, so I was happy to find a solution that I could use with my Mac that would permit a USB connection (and pissed to discover that Sprint's software is Windows only - their store personnel are presumably clueless, as opposed to frauds).

I'm getting 500-600 down also, and 40-50k up. I spent a productive hour at an auto body shop one morning doing some work via RDC on one of our servers from my MBP.
    I have found that I get about the same using BT and USB but like cliff said USB is just way more reliable then BT.