Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Ehh..Palm needs to go back to the drawing board. I'm thinking go iphonish ...thinner, full high res screen with landscape mode and virtual keyboard, wifi, simple to use but updated software, rev a., that's fully open for 3rd party apps.

But to keep the trademark treo keyboard, just have two keyboards ship with it that lock in (at your option) with one being a landscape sized one. There, you have choices.

Like Engadget said, thin is in. I'm not sure how Treo reinvents itself without trying something like the above. It's an iphone with more features than Apple would dream of adding and also a Treo should you plug in either keyboard.

While the Centro may sell somewhat based on price, it's still not nearly the answer to Palm's problems.
    Am I alone here, in that I can't stand the tiny QWERTY keyboards on "smart" phones?

Why can't Palm just add a phone to the TX? (Cranky 'cause I spent all that time learning Graffiti, then Graffiti2.) Easier to use, with a larger screen.

And if they are going to strangle usability by using a tiny keyboard, the least they could do would be to use a DVORAK layout. That would greatly speed up processing.

But then, that would mean the people would have to be smart enough to use their smart phones.
    The title of this thread is so funny!!!!!
    Matty
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post
    Assuming the "centro" is as small as the BB Pearl and a little bit thinner, I think it's a very good idea.

I think it will do what the 680 couldn't do with all its fancy color, that is, reaching a different segment and a new range of audience.

Well, it all depends on how small the new phone is.

Oh yeah, I have my frame suit on, go ahead.
    The concept is also a marketing one. Produce a cheap, affordable Palm smartphone (equivalent to the Palm Explore in Asia). It is a way to propagate, and save the Palm OS as Centro users of today will be the future buyers of Treo.

It is something that Palm should have done a long time ago.
    But better late than never.

John
    Leonardo, Listpro, Agendus12, Phone Magic, Adarian Money, Ultrasoft Money, Lightwave 2.4

SMS Scheduler, FunSMS, SMS Counter, PictureSMS 1.01B2, Butler, Phone Technician

Resco Backup, Resco Photo Viewer, Mobilewrite, Text Plus, Card Reader,SlovoEd Dict.

Project @ Hand
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123