Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 44
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    I have to admit, the more I look at the Centro, the more attractive it gets.
    You got to be kidden me.
    at&t iPhone3G
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart View Post
    You got to be kidden me.
    Not at all... the Treo is no doubt perfect. But the Centro's only problem (according to me) is the white space between the screen and the hard-buttons. Maybe some logo or text will solve the problem.

    The small keyboard would have surely passed the usability test. Bear in mind too that this could be one of the advance prototypes, and things could surely change a bit.

    After a few hours of staring at the Centro, it is positively starting to look attractive.
  3. #23  
    how many MP is the camera?
  4. #24  
    The design is not too bad, but I fear it will look awfully out of place next to all the other anorexic models in the same price range.

    Surur
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    Seems to me that they curved it for comfort in your hand.




    My father, who was an amature artist had a saying that I think fits perfectly with all the people posting such negative posts concerning this phone.

    "Only a damn fool judges unfinished work"

    Now, trust me, I'm not calling anyone a damn fool, I'm just saying that in this case, not one of us has had one in our hands to see the finished product, so it would be much better to wait until we actually see one to judge. And, anyone here whose seen my posts on my experience with the company knows, I am not a lover of the Palm company. (I do love their product though)
    The finished product isn't going to be far from these "prototypes". Infact i dare say that what we're seeing is pretty much it.

    I have my own saying, "Only a dammed fool salivates over an unfinished Palm Centro".

    Now, trust me, I'm not calling anyone a damn fool, I'm just saying that in this case none of us has had one in our hands to see the finished product, which most likely isn't far from these sneak peeks.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
    The finished product isn't going to be far from these "prototypes". Infact i dare say that what we're seeing is pretty much it.

    I have my own saying, "Only a dammed fool salivates over an unfinished Palm Centro".

    Now, trust me, I'm not calling anyone a damn fool, I'm just saying that in this case none of us has had one in our hands to see the finished product, which most likely isn't far from these sneak peeks.
    I like my argument much better. But then I know I'm a damn fool.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  7. #27  
    I initially had the blah feeling about this device, but the more I look at it and read everyone's comments and speculations the more I realized that I'm actually getting excited about a Palm device! This is a feeling that I have not had for some time since my 650 years ago. So to join in with all the buzz, here is what I started to think about the device.

    The fuzzy pictures may not reveal any truth to what the final phone will be, but the silver strip in the middle reminded me of the recent HTC phone designs. That got me wondering about the small keyboard and the target youth market... could Palm's trick up its sleeve be a slider/flip phone revealing a much larger and usable keboard!!?? The kids are nuts over all of these new sliders and flip devices and are crazed about text messaging. This device could be their next device with dual input ability, and any gimmickery ala Sidekick-esque designs could be a real selling point to Palm's intended youth buyers.

    This is just my speculation, but looking at the pics had me wondering how the Centro compared to my HTC Vox sizewize, and it did not seem all that far off to me that Palm could be taking a similar approach to allow dual inputs like my device. I had to get used to T9 on the dial pad on my VOX and pull out the full keyboard on heavy usage, but if the Centro already had a familiar Treo-like mini keyboard layout it would be easier pick up and use for the light typing and reserve the hidden full keyboard when needing to text the full story about how Suzie stole Cindy's boyfriend to all your best girly posse.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    does the touch screen prohibit thinness?

    none of those bb have it.
    NO it doesn't, despite what many Palm apologists claim. Witness the iPhone, which is as thin as all of these devices. Neither does thinness preclude a decent battery life, given a WELL-DESIGNED device, again, witness the iPhone, which has a better battery life that all these devices. (Yes, a removeable/changeable battery does add thickness/size. I think Apple made the right decision...).

    Palm itself has plenty of examples from its previous life as a state-of-the-art PDA designer (NB "previous"). A touch screen adds an immeasurably thin layer of conductivity on the screen glass. So, no, it is *not* a valid excuse for why current Palm devices are "Thick as a Brick"...
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    The design is not too bad, but I fear it will look awfully out of place next to all the other anorexic models in the same price range.

    Surur
    The only things compete in the same clasd are the sidekicks and the BB Pearl, how much are they going for with a contract right now?
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post
    The only things compete in the same clasd are the sidekicks and the BB Pearl, how much are they going for with a contract right now?
    On GSM you have the BlackJack and Dash, but easily available for $99.

    On CDMA you get the old Q, also in the $99 range, and there are a pile of new Q's coming out which will start at $300, but soon drop to lower. Also if the HTC Iris is not the same device, it will also compete head-on with the Centro.

    The QWERTY field is pretty competitive.

    Surur
  11. fishera's Avatar
    Posts
    494 Posts
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by neurocutie View Post
    NO it doesn't, despite what many Palm apologists claim. Witness the iPhone, which is as thin as all of these devices. Neither does thinness preclude a decent battery life, given a WELL-DESIGNED device, again, witness the iPhone, which has a better battery life that all these devices. (Yes, a removeable/changeable battery does add thickness/size. I think Apple made the right decision...).

    Palm itself has plenty of examples from its previous life as a state-of-the-art PDA designer (NB "previous"). A touch screen adds an immeasurably thin layer of conductivity on the screen glass. So, no, it is *not* a valid excuse for why current Palm devices are "Thick as a Brick"...
    did you just say a non-removable battery is a good decision........ w0wZers! can someone else think thats a crazy statement!?
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

    PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
  12. airibis's Avatar
    Posts
    212 Posts
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    #32  
    I was pondering if about getting one of these, however; after leaning that a Treo 800w is planned for 1Q 2008.. I will be looking at that instead
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by fishera View Post
    did you just say a non-removable battery is a good decision........ w0wZers! can someone else think thats a crazy statement!?
    There is even talk of legal action by purchasers due to the short life of the battery and the cost of replacement.
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    On GSM you have the BlackJack and Dash, but easily available for $99.

    On CDMA you get the old Q, also in the $99 range, and there are a pile of new Q's coming out which will start at $300, but soon drop to lower. Also if the HTC Iris is not the same device, it will also compete head-on with the Centro.

    The QWERTY field is pretty competitive.

    Surur
    I think you missed my point, I was saying it appeal to the tweeny crowds. Both the Blackjack and the Q were designed as business phones from the get go. They are blacker than a Lincoin Towncar and wouldn't look any prettier if they are painted in fancy color. The Dash is..kind of in between. Probably too blad as far as design goes.

    Basically Paris Hilton won't pick up a Q, a Blackjack or a Dash. And she and like-minds would with a Centro, that was my point. I won't waste time to keep up with HTC's ten million code names so I don't care what Iris is.
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post
    Basically Paris Hilton won't pick up a Q, a Blackjack or a Dash. And she and like-minds would with a Centro, that was my point. I won't waste time to keep up with HTC's ten million code names so I don't care what Iris is.
    http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/200...IG_468x957.jpg

    With Paris Hilton currently carrying an iPhone, I would have to see it to believe it.

    Surur
  16. mikecc's Avatar
    Posts
    143 Posts
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart View Post
    BB can do thin and narrow with the Pearl...How come Palm can't?
    Because Palm strongly believe they have found the right form factor - look at Treo 600, how much the Treo has changed since then?
    Get the latest cell phone news and deals at www.icellphonedeals.com.
    I got my new phones free at bestincellphones.com, where did you get yours?
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by fishera View Post
    did you just say a non-removable battery is a good decision........ w0wZers! can someone else think thats a crazy statement!?
    I only had one battery on the 650, and have only one battery for my 755. My wife's 600 had a battery that couldn't be removed. There are at least a dozen Treo users in my office and none of them have spare batteries. I'd never remove mine if it weren't necessary to reset it. So yea...I can easily see, given a good enough battery life, not having a removable battery.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    With Paris Hilton currently carrying an iPhone, I would have to see it to believe it.

    Surur
    She will grow tire of any gadget in 2 months. Palm just need to put some Swarovski crystal on the Centro.
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    I have to admit, the more I look at the Centro, the more attractive it gets.
    Hmm.. This was posted on a Friday night. Were you drinking? Maybe it was beergoggles or something
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by neurocutie View Post
    NO it doesn't, despite what many Palm apologists claim. Witness the iPhone, which is as thin as all of these devices. Neither does thinness preclude a decent battery life, given a WELL-DESIGNED device, again, witness the iPhone, which has a better battery life that all these devices. (Yes, a removeable/changeable battery does add thickness/size. I think Apple made the right decision...).

    Palm itself has plenty of examples from its previous life as a state-of-the-art PDA designer (NB "previous"). A touch screen adds an immeasurably thin layer of conductivity on the screen glass. So, no, it is *not* a valid excuse for why current Palm devices are "Thick as a Brick"...
    The Samsung i500 that I used to have was much thinner then any of these phones. It had touchscreen and graffiti. I loved that phone. If only they had kept developing newer versions.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions