Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    So i know i can pop3 my treo for yahoo and gmail.

what i dont want happening is that it will upload all my mail (possibly over thousands). i just want to be able to be notified of NEW mail and then not delete it (so that i can relook on a workstation).

is this possible?
    Sprint Treo 755p (ex-650) user and loving it.
    1.04-SPNT
    You can set up each account in Versamail. Follow the setup for each account. They should be part of the setup choices. If not, gmail & yahoo have instructions on their sites.

For the last part to not receive thousands of emails go to versamail, then menu - options - preferences - incloming. Then you can check to only get mail from the last day, 2 days, 3 days, etc. Pic the last day so you don't get the old ones. When you delete them from the treo, do not check the box asking if you want to delete them from the server and they will still be available when you get to your computer.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    is it true push meaning if i get email it will notify me or is it like the 650 where i have to log into the server to have it 'extract' it
    1.04-SPNT
    It will be a pull rather than a push. I have both Gmail and Yahoo set up and both are a pull. You can set a time increment to pull down mail.

It works ok, but not as well as a Blackberry IMO.
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by C5Longhorn View Post
    It will be a pull rather than a push. I have both Gmail and Yahoo set up and both are a pull. You can set a time increment to pull down mail.

It works ok, but not as well as a Blackberry IMO.
    so basically the same as the 650,where i have to connect to the net, and then extract it. i c...

worth it? or just go straight to the web based email page (yahoo/gmail)?
    1.04-SPNT
    Quote Originally Posted by ike301 View Post
    so basically the same as the 650,where i have to connect to the net, and then extract it. i c...

worth it? or just go straight to the web based email page (yahoo/gmail)?

This is my first Treo, so it was something I had to get used to at first. You could go to the website, but I still prefer the pull and having my email separate. To me, its still easier than going to a website.

Also, an option that was pointed out to me in another thread, is to send email from these accounts to this website, where it will then be pushed to your Treo. I haven't tried this option yet.

http://services.mail2web.com/FreeServices/
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    thanks. good to know. the problem is that with yahoo, they have the bulk spam folder where it filters out all my spam. i think with this pull, it will show all sorts of xrated spam. hhmm, maybe not a bad thing after all.
    1.04-SPNT
    thanks. good to know. the problem is that with yahoo, they have the bulk spam folder where it filters out all my spam. i think with this pull, it will show all sorts of xrated spam. hhmm, maybe not a bad thing after all.
    My bulk folder never shows up when getting the mail this way, only the inbox. I think it's much faster and easier than looking at the web based program. If I ever am out long enough that I want to check the bulk box, or just empty it for that matter, I use PalmVNC and do it on my PC from my Palm. Still easier.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    so, so far so good. question. is there a way to toggle so that I 'get' from all accounts at once and then all show in one big folder? I have sbc, gmail, and yahoo going. hate to go to each separate account....

yes I'm lazy.
    1.04-SPNT
    so, so far so good. question. is there a way to toggle so that I 'get' from all accounts at once and then all show in one big folder? I have sbc, gmail, and yahoo going. hate to go to each separate account....

yes I'm lazy.
    Snappermail does this for POP accounts. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $Versamail$ $does$ $not$.
    -B
    Forward a copy of all your email to mail2web live and then use versamail for true push or use Chatter
    I have versamail set to pull the last 3 days and when its sone I get a popup telling me I have mail left on the server. But the popup never let's the phone close. if I tell it to check mail and dtick the phone in my pocket the phone stays on till I dismiss it.

Anyone else find that or a way to tell it, " yeah. I know. noe go away."?
    Right now I must make sure my PC is on all the time and when I get email to my Outlook it pushes it right out to my phone. Works great when the power has not gone off or PC rebooted. I know doing it this way is ineffecient. I am ready to step up to the 755p and enable active sync in Exchange so the emails come off our company server directly the phone. This should be more reliable since housed in a co-lo bunker with everything redundent.

Has anyone had any gotcha's or issues to watch out for with Active sync. How often should I set up the pull. Right now I get SPrint email with in seconds of it hitting PC. Checking every minute would work but don't want to have battery issues on 755. Do I still get an email copy on my PC when I come back in office. If all in Versamail setup then fine, I will review all the directions. I get up to 70 business emails a day. Thanks
    I never used Versamail on my 650 because it had so many issues. I depend on having Push email so that I can converse with the Deaf using T-Mail.... I have used Chatter for years and love it. Will Versamail handle push email as well as chatter does?
    No, Versamail is not a PUSH mail client. Ben
    Versamail on the 755 is push if you Exchange ActiveSync...
    If you set it for Exchange Activesync, you will get full push. Also, with VM, you have access to your companys global address book. Something Chatter does not provide.
    Matty