Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789
    Brennan,

Thanks for the new game - dots and boxes and also for adding that button to go back to list of games while the program is submitting the update. My, you have been busy!

That list of players on your site, it seems short? It only returns 20 players when the logins created are 56.
    Last edited by ronbo2000; 10/31/2007 at 03:18 AM.
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Ronbo,

I believe that's the last 20 who have logged in.. .top being the most recent. Sort of a 'who is online now...sorta...well at least that last 20 who contacted the server" kinda thing.
  3.    #163  
    No problem, ronbo2000. Glad you like the back button.

Yeah, 20 players seemed like plenty back when that php was written! I'll crank that up to 999 for now.

Sorry I kind of disappeared for a while, everybody-- I was crunching to get ready to enter the Independent Games Festival Mobile Games contest.
    *fingers crossed*
    so this ign mobile whatever contest...any way we can help vot ya up?
  5.    #165  
    Hmm, unfortunately the voting is done by a panel of judges, I think. Looks like I might be the only PalmOS entry? Here's the list: http://www.igfmobile.com/php-bin/entries2008_mobile.php

Man, I wrote a boring description of wifight. Maybe I can improve the wifight.com text and make up for it a bit. And some better screenshots maybe.
  6.    #166  
    Hi guys, I just pulled the trigger on posting wifight.prc 0.15. Now with helpful "forgot your password?" button that takes you to the website where you can reset your password. So hopefully no-one else will have to go thru what ssrjazz and wilson(b) went thru when they upgraded Treos.

Also, the client download is now open and on the main page. Annnd, I even changed the Chess screenshot to not be so horribly boring and lame.
  7.    #167  
    Well, I've been gone for a while, but I return bearing good news-- wifight now has built-in chat! And before this version goes live on the front page, could you guys test it for me a bit?

http://wifight.com/test/wifight.prc

Hope to see you in the chat room!

Brennan
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brennan View Post
    Well, I've been gone for a while, but I return bearing good news-- wifight now has built-in chat! And before this version goes live on the front page, could you guys test it for me a bit?

Brennan
    wow double -wow!!

ive been superbusy myself of late, so have been unable to do anything else apart from work, but have some free time tomorrow-and-saturday, and will check it out then!!

thanks brennan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cheers
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brennan View Post

Brennan
    Wow, looks great. Took a while for my open games to update but it works. How do we see who's online?
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    hi Brennan,

im having problems getting this one to start-up, it keeps getting stuck after password-entering, the little atoms freeze, and that's it. Generally it then resets the phone.

ive downloaded it 3x over the last two days, and always the same prob

anyone else having this problem or is it just me?

cheers
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
    Brennan, the email notification does not work.
  12.    #172  
    Quote Originally Posted by TRgEOff View Post
    hi Brennan,

im having problems getting this one to start-up, it keeps getting stuck after password-entering, the little atoms freeze, and that's it. Generally it then resets the phone.

ive downloaded it 3x over the last two days, and always the same prob

anyone else having this problem or is it just me?

cheers
    Oh no! I wasn't expecting to hear that. I just posted a new version, 0.16, to the front page. You're referring to the test version, right? Can you please try the new 0.16 version? If it still locks up or reboots then let me know and we'll figure out something.
  13.    #173  
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000 View Post
    Brennan, the email notification does not work.
    Thanks for letting me know. It works for me when I try it so I'm not sure why it's not working for you. You might check your spam folder if you have one. Also, I'm adding some more error detection code in the emailer to see if it catches anything.
    Great update on the wifight site user listing. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000 View Post
    Great update on the wifight site user listing. Thanks.
    And kudos from me too! very helpful

0.16 now working fine, very nice, just love the chat function. Maybe you could have a chatbot that announces the online player list in the chatroom every 5 mins or so? would be nice to be able to check the list without loggingout.

just dreaming in my totally non-tech way..

thanks brennan, your steady improvement of this service is very commendable
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Brennan: if some more even more neato solution for seeing players online is a bit far off, in the next version could you put a DIRECT link to the URL of the wonderful new Players List in the About page? Just saves an extra step. It's helpful for me here, since I have to rely on just regular GPRS download speeds.

thanks
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
    Automatic notification for opponent game moves now works!! Yea!! Go Brennan!!
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789