Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Okay... whatever the problem was, a complete delete and reinstall fixed the problem

Update: oops, broken again. Is the server online?
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by jberman View Post
    Okay... whatever the problem was, a complete delete and reinstall fixed the problem

Update: oops, broken again. Is the server online?
    Hmm, I think the auto-retry-on-disconnect code is kicking in wrongly. I'm looking at it.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Brennan View Post
    Hmm, I think the auto-retry-on-disconnect code is kicking in wrongly. I'm looking at it.
    Yeah, I found some bugs there that might have caused this. I think. But at least the reconnect timer works now. I just updated the client to 0.4 at the usual spot, or you can tap "Client download page" in the About box. Let me know if that helps.
    0.4 seems to work better. But it won't purge my completed tictactoe game.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by TRgEOff View Post
    Great idea, my wifight nick is the same as my TC nick trgeoff, Ill start a new thread and maintain a current list in the first post.

ill be on soon, dont know if ill be able to play a full game though..

cheers
    C'mon, it's your move!
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    0.4 seems to work better. But it won't purge my completed tictactoe game.
    Hmm, really? Does it still show "GAME OVER" in the gamelist for that game?
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Hmm, really? Does it still show "GAME OVER" in the gamelist for that game?
    I tried this myself, and for me on v0.4 the Purge command does clear completed TTT games (and chess games as well)

cheers
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
    Just signed on this.

Can you start multiple boards of the same game or one tic-tac-toe, one chess simultaneously?
    What's the bot's name for the tic-tac-toe game? (I mistook basu as the bot account).

Edit: figured out my other question and the game bots name for chess also how to start multiple games.

This is neat!!!
    Last edited by ronbo2000; 08/29/2007 at 01:36 AM.
    Opps, got a reset from About Wifight > wifight.com homepage.
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000 View Post
    Opps, got a reset from About Wifight > wifight.com homepage.
    Uh oh- what model Treo are you using?
    Treo 650. It shows as fatal exception and caused by wifight. No other details.

I would not worry about it for now. I'll keep away from the About Wifight > wifight.com homepage button as all the other functions works fine.
  12.    #32  
    Treo 650. It shows as fatal exception and caused by wifight. No other details.

I would not worry about it for now. I'll keep away from the About Wifight > wifight.com homepage button as all the other functions works fine.
    Alright, but it's odd. Would you mind checking if it happens again if you tap it again? I would really like to know if it always happens or not. If you don't want to risk crashing your phone I understand however.
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Alright, but it's odd. Would you mind checking if it happens again if you tap it again? I would really like to know if it always happens or not. If you don't want to risk crashing your phone I understand however.
    I tried this myself on my 650, it went to the homepage w/o any problems, and Im glad i did....

...that's really neat how it shows how many players are online, etc, etc!

just gets better and better!!!

Should not be too hard to implement the names of online players to appear on that webpage?

I can dig up an algorithm for ratings, if you ever want to go that route..

cheers
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
    I am a beta tester for another software vendor. That's why I said don't worry for now as that software has been the persistent source of resets on my 650.

It has been manageable now when I put that software under Resco locker.

From time to time a reset still occurs but not as nasty as before.

I will retry that button sometime after my automated backup runs for the day.
    Brennan, does your game validate the username against a registered user list?

If it does not I guess I may be waiting forever for a response..
  16.    #36  
    Brennan, does your game validate the username against a registered user list?

If it does not I guess I may be waiting forever for a response..
    Yes, it does. You get an error popup if the opponent player is nonexistent.
    Brennan -

0.4 works great on my Treo 600! I connected to the server without issues, and I can even run it from my SD card using PowerRun.

One little problem - I played almost a full game of chess against chessbot, and just as I was about to lose, I got the following error message:

Error submitting turn
    script abort: unknown piecetype

The options were Retry and Cancel, and tapping on Retry just produced the same error message. Black's queen was (presumably) about to move into position for checkmate against white.

Jesse
    Interesting. Chessbot must be sore loser.
    Retried this function again today. It opened up to the wifight.com site without any issues.
    Brennan:

Can you add a filter your list of games to show only the active ones? I am interested on the closed games but only for review purposes.

Also, add score statistics wins and loses plus scores against specific players.

Thanks
    Last edited by ronbo2000; 08/29/2007 at 11:27 AM.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast