Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This card is absolutely the fastest SD card I have ever used. It is getting results 3-4 times faster than my 8GB Transcend SDHC. (I tested in both the 700p and the 755p)

Here are the test results:

VFS Cardspeed 700p/755p
    ------------------------------
    Write 32bit ~400 bytes/sec
    Write8KB ~450-620KB/sec
    Read8KB ~2,600KB/sec
    HP200LX -> Palm Pilot -> Palm III -> Sony PEG-300 -> Sony PEG-N710C -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755p -> (iPhone or Treo 800L or something unexpected)??
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Can you recommend a place to purchase for a reasonable price? link? Does newegg carry it? Is it easily identifiable because it is Class 4 or are there multiple versions of this device and the "new" one in particular is better than the others?

thanks.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820134518

Newegg has had this for a little while already I think. I'm pretty sure cause I bookmarked it when someone else mentioned it.
    thanks for the info all, ordered two yesterday.
    Does anyone have a reliable 8GB (fast) chip for their 755p yet?

Gary
    Sprint Treo 755p (previously Sprint Treo 700p, Sprint i500, Sprint i330 [yuk], Sprint i300, Sprint StarTac, Verizon StarTac)
    Mac 12" 1.5 GHz PowerBook (Constantly tethered to my Treo)
    Gary Said... (my blog) or The Daily Meme
    Quote Originally Posted by garylapointe View Post
    Does anyone have a reliable 8GB (fast) chip for their 755p yet?

Gary
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $the$ $8GB$ MicroSD format is the only one that would work in the 755 that's even been announced - and that is gonna be vaporware for quite a while. Haven't heard anything about any MiniSD cards >4GB being announced yet, though maybe they have. Anyone?
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Joad View Post
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $the$ $8GB$ MicroSD format is the only one that would work in the 755 that's even been announced - and that is gonna be vaporware for quite a while. Haven't heard anything about any MiniSD cards >4GB being announced yet, though maybe they have. Anyone?
    Currently only full size SDHC cards support 8GB. I figure you aren't going to see any 8GB micro/mini SDHC cards for the remainder of the year. I am hoping that some will be released in early 2008. (The Samsung preannouncement indicated that their product would be released in 2008)

On a side not, there is a 16GB Fullsized SDHC card shipping right now. It costs over $3000 dollars though.
    HP200LX -> Palm Pilot -> Palm III -> Sony PEG-300 -> Sony PEG-N710C -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755p -> (iPhone or Treo 800L or something unexpected)??
    If anyone interested I found some info regarding type of sd speed classes explanation.

SDHC cards adhere to the SD Speed Class Rating specification which defines a minimum sustained transfer speed and use the FAT32 file system. The SD Speed Class Ratings specify a minimum sustained write speed for SDHC cards (Class 2: 2 MB/s; Class 4: 4 MB/s; Class 6: 6 MB/s) - that's MegaBytes not MegaBits.
    I just got one but my computer does not recognize the card. It works in my camera and my Palm but not my computer. Explorer just locks up. Does anyone have any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by Katahdin View Post
    I just got one but my computer does not recognize the card. It works in my camera and my Palm but not my computer. Explorer just locks up. Does anyone have any ideas?
    Maybe your card read might not support SDHC.
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Sprint customer since 2001
    It reads my 2GB card and I tried it on 3 different computers.
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    2 Gig cards are SD and not SDHC. SDHC cards are 4 gig and above and need an SDHC reader. An SD card reader will not do.
    Quote Originally Posted by carrel View Post
    2 Gig cards are SD and not SDHC. SDHC cards are 4 gig and above and need an SDHC reader. An SD card reader will not do.
    Can't 4 GB cards be both? I thought the 4GB worked on my 700p, but you couldn't use an 8GB unless you added some support files...

Gary
    Sprint Treo 755p (previously Sprint Treo 700p, Sprint i500, Sprint i330 [yuk], Sprint i300, Sprint StarTac, Verizon StarTac)
    Mac 12" 1.5 GHz PowerBook (Constantly tethered to my Treo)
    Gary Said... (my blog) or The Daily Meme
    There are 2GB and 4GB SDHC cards. There are also standard 2GB and 4GB SD cards. Over 4GB though and they're definitely SDHC. The card itself should have the SDHC logo on it. Older card readers, cameras, PDAs, etc. most likely won't be able to read or write to SDHC cards though there are a few that can be upgraded with newer firmware that will enable them to be compatible with SDHC cards.
    Any 4GB non-SDHC cards should, if memory serves, be somehow non-standard. The SD spec only allowed for cards up to 1GB, originally, later revised to allow 2GB cards (changed block size, I think).

That said, any card that follows a standard, and is 4GB+ is going to be SDHC.

To summarize:

-Regular (non-HC) SD only goes to 1GB (2GB with the newest revision)
    -Anything 4GB or larger is either SDHC or some non-standard design

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Digital_card Has lots of info.
    After buying a 2gb microSD to miniSD to SD Sandisk adaptor from Best buy, i have been a happy camper... been reading and writing on the card without problems...

THen just last night a SALE came up at supermediastore.com i think selling a 2gb miniSD for just $19.99... Grabbed it immediately!

Decided to go with 2 Standard miniSD cards instead of a single but sensitive prone to error 4gb miniSDHC card. I think its a better deal for someone like me who frequently gets the card out of the treo and puts it in the computer.
    I just got one. Inserted it, tried to format it, hung there a LONG time. Now I can't get the card to boot.

Shouldn't the standard 755p card formatting (under "card info") work on this pup? Or do you need to put into the SD sheath and format on the pc?
    Via PIC the 32 G card will be about $750
    http://www.palminfocenter.com/mobile/mvs.asp?ID=8657
    I'm a glutton for punishment,

my card history with the 755....

-(1st card) kingston 2gb corrupted within 30 mins, rma'd it back to the egg
    -(2nd card) picked up a 1gb sandisk to hold me over until my 4gb toshiba arrived
    -(3rd card)toshiba 4gb worked flawlessly for 3 weeks, & corrupted while using a card reader app to transfer some files... I blame the s/w for corrupting the card, not the card itself... those "treo as a card reader apps" are good for small files, but I wouldn't trust them for large files like the 700mb file I was moving when my toshiba 4gb croaked...

-after reading all the transcend failure stories, I decided to go back to my 1gb sandisk, and wait for more 4gb options to surface, which leads me to the (4th card )kingston 4gb, so far so good.. I picked up a card reader this time around, since I don't trust the treo as a card reader s/w, and the xp sdhc hotfix wouldnt take on my pc... I will give the card a serious workout tomorrow running the gps & ptunes at the same time to see how well it performs
    HTC Touch Pro
    I have the Kingston as well. Was very fast until I reformated using my PC and a SDHC adapter with the default sector size (512 bytes). Now it is very slow.
    How do you reformat it with a larger sector size? I have tried to do it using a command prompt and specifying a larger sector size, but the card still has 512 byte sectors...

Note that I can't format it with my 755p ... just hangs.

Thanks.
    Dominique
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast