Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I really want to buy this card. But it appears there are problems with it. There seems to be a disproportionate amount of cards failing that make me a little uncomfortable risking my money and data on it.
    I've tried several mini SDHC cards and it seems that the 755P can only format them right after it has been hard resetted.
    I just realized my Kingston 4GB Class 6 miniSD card showed up the other day and I haven't even opened the packaging!

(Duh!)
    Gary
    Sprint Treo 755p (previously Sprint Treo 700p, Sprint i500, Sprint i330 [yuk], Sprint i300, Sprint StarTac, Verizon StarTac)
    Mac 12" 1.5 GHz PowerBook (Constantly tethered to my Treo)
    Gary Said... (my blog) or The Daily Meme
    no need to format this card, just pop it in and go....
    HTC Touch Pro
    Hello,

that was my mistake: using a command prompt under XP, I was able to format the card with my desired sector size. In my case, as reported by many people here, 32K sectors provide the best performance.
    Dominique
    Quote Originally Posted by dbouchon View Post
    Hello,

that was my mistake: using a command prompt under XP, I was able to format the card with my desired sector size. In my case, as reported by many people here, 32K sectors provide the best performance.

Hello,

Is it possible for you to write down exact steps you have done to format. I have a card when I want to format using windows I get an error saying cannot format. I want to make sure if the card is not trashed.

Roman
    thanks for posting this thread, cuz I just got mine in the mail after reading this. it works perfect and very fast.
    ps. I didn't format anything, just inserted, activated card reader, and copy.
    Did anyone notice that files take up about 15% more space? How do I format it to reduce that?

It is faster than regular SD.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    you can format it with alternate cluster sizes.. but in all honesty, the redemptiom value is marginal and not worth the trouble.
    SilentMember:

this is what I did:
    the thing to know is that there are 2 types of SD cards, and both types have exactly the same size / shape, so it may be hard to spot which is which, but it is supposed to be written on the card:
    - standard SD (it only says 'SD' on the card), typically in sizes up t 2GB
    - high-capacity SD (or SDHC, and it typically says 'SDHC' on the card) typically in sizes 2GB and up.

Reader/writer for standard SD cannot read/write SDHC cards. So, if you have a SDHC card, you should make sure your reader/writer supports SDHC. If it only supports standard SD, you won't be able to use it with a SDHC card.

I personaly use the following reader/writer for my SDHC cards: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...bosnation0e-20

When you have a compatible reader/writer, yu can format your card in Windows XP:
    - in Windows explorer, you should see the card as a new drive and you can right-click on it and select 'format'. This will format it using the standard settings.
    - to specify your own settings, launch a command promt (start >> All Programs >> Accessories >> Command Prompt) and type this command: 'format E: /FS:FAT32 /A:32K' where E is the card drive letter, as you can see in Windows Explorer and 32K is the sector size. Depending on the case, it seems 16K sector works best, so you have to try and see. To format with 16K sectors, just replace the 32K with 16K in the format command above.

Hope that helps.
    Dominique
    Just ordered one for my GF's 755p - I already have a Toshiba 4gb for my own 755p.
    “Wolves are the top of the food chain, and when the wolf population is healthy, all other animal and plant populations are healthy.” -- Lois Tulleners
    I have two of these cards, in two different 755P's, did not format either, and have never lost sight of them. I have 3 gigs of music on one.
    I purchased this card after reading this thread. Very good performance, no lag with pTunes, mRing, or DTG.
    Mine is working great, but it's just been casual use so far...

G
    Sprint Treo 755p (previously Sprint Treo 700p, Sprint i500, Sprint i330 [yuk], Sprint i300, Sprint StarTac, Verizon StarTac)
    Mac 12" 1.5 GHz PowerBook (Constantly tethered to my Treo)
    Gary Said... (my blog) or The Daily Meme
    on sale:
    http://www.buy.com/retail/product.as...54&dcaid=17653

*edit* I just realized the picture is a "class 4" & the description says "class 2" so proceed @ your own risk...
    Last edited by R1_Rydah; 09/26/2007 at 11:04 AM.
    HTC Touch Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by R1_Rydah View Post
    on sale:
    http://www.buy.com/retail/product.as...54&dcaid=17653

*edit* I just realized the picture is a "class 4" & the description says "class 2" so proceed @ your own risk...
    I bit on it.... 4gb for <$30?!!

just could not pass on that...was getting tired of swapping 2gb cards when i want to listen to my music
    Yea I bit too. I also signed up for google checkout and selected bargain shipping so I got two for $49.90 not too bad, even if it is only class 4

I'll see in two weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yeah, I bought one, too. I was holding out for a Class 6. But, at that price, couldn't pass it up.
    i just got mine today (1 week shipping whew). Its actually Class 4 SDHC. So far so good! listening to music right now with it
    This card sounds awsome, but does it work on a treo 750, cause in the palm site it says it only supports miniSD not miniSDHC, please do tell so I buy it or not, THANKS!!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast