Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart View Post
    Next Palm device will be called the "Endo".
    Perfect! The Endo, or root canal. Watching palm`s evolution over the past few years has been almost as painful.
    Quote Originally Posted by airibis View Post
    Eeesh

I don't mean to push the sero plan; but have you looked into it?
    I just graduated from high school and I'm attending college full-time and the SERO plan is the reason I've been able to have a Treo.
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    Perfect! The Endo, or root canal. Watching palm`s evolution over the past few years has been almost as painful.
    Lol-true. At least Dentistry is covered by insurance and someone who will be there to help with any future problems.
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)
    Palm, stop this exclusive association with Sprint and release a network subsided worldwide GSM phone that we can all enjoy. Do the deals with Orange, Cingular, T-Mobile, Vodaphone, Rogers. You did it with the 650 - do it again.
    Well, if i can get it without Data on Verizon, i'd probably get my daughter one.

PROVIDED i could lock it up with Chaperone. She currently uses a Migo when needed, but i tried to buy her a Zire for Christmas (order got cancelled to close to christmas to replace. UGH. thank you Amazon), so I could see this working for her. I could see her school work on it....

Gee, i'm getting ahead of myself.... silly me, we are on Verizon - like anything will be "cheap", and so i'll just not let her see the pictures
    m100(for 1 day)->Sony PEG-S300->PEG-N710C->PEG-NR70 (needs a new battery!)->Treo 650 (bad connector)->650 (dead ear speaker)->700p (sucky battery life)->new 700 on way
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Really disappointed.

I just want a Treo with WM6 and no antenna sticking out.

When is anything like this going to come out on Sprint?
    Maybe the bigger story is that its going to run their Linux OS?

BTW anyone know if it has a memory card slot and if so what size it is?
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23 View Post
    Maybe the bigger story is that its going to run their Linux OS?
    Hmm. That would be a bigger story, and worth waiting for.

I find it interesting that Palm has actively contacted all the major sites to confirm the existence of the Centro. This is a very big change in mindset for Palm from its past. Or at least I hope it's a sign of a big change in the level of communication we can expect from them going forward.
    Quote Originally Posted by nojok3 View Post
    I'd buy one if it was smaller than a regular laptop
    It's the right size and price to go with the UMPC I'll be buying next year. Right now the HTC Shift is at the top of my list. I love the dual OS configuration!

*** Edit ***
    Is the Centro a WM or a POS phone?
    Last edited by slbailey1; 08/17/2007 at 12:53 PM.
    Maybe the bigger story is that it will have WiFi.
    SOOOOOOOOOOO>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> my ? is what os will have ...and danm its ugly i thibnk it looks better in black
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    Palm is "fascinated" with CDMA phones because of two reasons:

1. Sprint's eternal loyal to Palm/Palm OS despite the myriad of issue with the Treo 650 and 700p

2. FrankenGarnet is simply better suited for EVDO than anything else...and EDGE devices are really falling out of favor with consumers & operators. Besides, anything less glamorous than the iPhone still using EDGE is going to be pretty much overlooked from here on.
    After getting used to the Treo form factor, the Centro looks weird. Maybe Palm listened to the users asking for a "slim" Treo... they (users) should have asked for a "thin" (thickness-wise, not width-wise) Treo.

Fortunately, they appear to have maintained the same (or similar) thickness as the Treo. It's definitely not thin.
    I'm not saying this Gawdawf/Centro will be a flop, but if they expect people to dial phone numbers on buttons *smaller* than on a Treo, they're crazy...
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    The 755P isn't exactly cutting edge spec wise so I wonder how much they can put into the Centro whist still being able to sell the 755P at a higher cost. Maybe the big surprise is they'll be releasing another higher spec Treo to replace the 755P at the same time, running PalmOS II
    Quote Originally Posted by TazUk View Post
    The 755P isn't exactly cutting edge spec wise so I wonder how much they can put into the Centro whist still being able to sell the 755P at a higher cost. Maybe the big surprise is they'll be releasing another higher spec Treo to replace the 755P at the same time, running PalmOS II

Better yet they leave the PalmOS to the kids in the Centro and give us his WM6 big brother the 800w? we saw a while ago.

SERO 1250 7PM N&W / 15% CORP Discount / Unlimited SMS
    Quote Originally Posted by airibis View Post
    I think it will work VERY VERY VERY well with the younger market.

ever since the release of the Iphone there has been a big demand for touch screen "advanced" phones in the age range of 16 - 25. Every time I go into an apple store theres always a small group of teenagers checking out iphones, or buying them.

Thanks to the iphone, teenagers are starting to go after more "advanced" cellphones (compared to the typical youth phones of choice: Razor, and Sidekick)

The only thing keeping most people under 25 from buying a PPC phone with a nice data plan is the price.

with handhelds running from $288 - $600, plus adding a decent plan with unlimited data... we're talking mucho dinero ($$) for poor college students (or even highschool students for that matter)

So what palm is doing is quite amazing; They are hitting a now growing market with a phone in a "students price range". Yes it's features are cut down compared to most ppc's.... but as a phone used to play media, check emails (myspace), txt, schedule their hectic lives, and overall feel they are "up there" with iphone owners..... I'd say it'd not to bad of a phone.

Hell, I am still young myself (i'm 20)

I've been a Treo 700wx owner for about a year now (use it for clients),
    I also have a HTC Mogul as my every other day phone. (couldn't do it with out Sero )

A lot of my friends are intrigued by my phones (creepy); I am constantly passing out my Mogul for friends to check their email and such when we're out and about, and so far helped 4 people get set up on the sero plan with 700wx's.

I guess what I am trying to say is, I am noticing this growing interest for pocket pc phones in the youth, and feel the Centro would do very well in sales. (plus my wife and I think it's a damn sexy phone)

- Jeff
    excellemnt points. I concur
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
  18.    #58  
    Young people with love this.

I have about 12 friends ranging from early 20's to early 30's.

Not one has bought an iPhone and none have plans. They idea of spending $600 for a phone is a total joke. They all wait 2 years for their contract to get a new phone and then they usually go for the basic one. One person still has no camera on his phone and he's fine with that. They're all on MySpace yet when I show them how they can do all of that on a phone they're not that excited. T9 is also fine with many people, surprisingly.

They all like my Treo but scoff at the $299 price-tag.

I mention the Q at $75-100 and that catches their eye...that is doable. One already bought the Q and 3 others are considering.

Now with the Centro and Touch, they are also looking at those. In other words: $99 is the magic number for a lot of people who may want a "smart" device. This market is significantly larger than the niche, high-end iPhone market and as a company, Palm are better off for now going after this low-end target now.

For a lot of people how it "looks" is inconsequential.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    If it is anything as "cute" as the zire22, it'll sell...

This is a wise move for Palm though. Its a "growing market". Who knows... maybe this will be able to download songs like samsung's double sided slim phone does.... THat will surely be a hit!
    Anyone else notice that the photo on palminfocenter.com has been removed with the following in it's place?

[Photos removed at the request of Palm Inc Legal.]

And concerning the video:

Video removed from youtube by Palm Inc.
    Last edited by RickMG; 08/17/2007 at 06:45 PM.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast