Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan View Post
    Whats next for you guys? Windows based foleo??
    I'd buy one if it was smaller than a regular laptop
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    looks like a ****ed up lifedrive... Palm is going down the toilet faster than human waste
    Next Palm device will be called the "Endo".
    at&t iPhone3G
    how many MP is the camera? How is this different than the 755? What makes the $500 price difference??
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Bigger story, eh?

I dunno. I hate when random employees say such things, as it could be "insider" big news e.g. this guy got to pick the color, up to it has a biometric reader and comes with a Foleo.

I'm not putting too much faith in this...but hey, i'll wait for the "surprise" if there is one.
    I'm not sure I'd call Palm's PRPRPR $manager$ $a$ '$random$ $employee$' $in$ $this$ $context$.

http://www.palminfocenter.com/news/9...due-this-fall/

As LiveFaith speculates in the comments over at PIC perhaps the clue is in the name. It's meant to be at the middle of something - PC, Foleo, network??? Not sure that squares with targeting a younger/new-user demographic though.
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marcol View Post
    I'm not sure I'd call Palm's PRPRPR $manager$ $a$ '$random$ $employee$' $in$ $this$ $context$.

http://www.palminfocenter.com/news/9...due-this-fall/

As LiveFaith speculates in the comments over at PIC perhaps the clue is in the name. It's meant to be at the middle of something - PC, Foleo, network??? Not sure that squares with targeting a younger/new-user demographic though.
    I KNOW WHAT THE "BIGGER STORY IS!" Its gonna sync with iTunes and have 3G! wait... it is going to have 3G! my $399 Treo 680 doesn't have that! doy!
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post
    as I asked before, when will the "Barbie" labeled version be available from Mattel?
    It has been delayed for undisclosed (Cough! Lead paint used on finish - Cough! Cough!) reasons.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo View Post
    how many MP is the camera? How is this different than the 755? What makes the $500 price difference??
    Centro - $99 w/ contract
    Treo 755p - $279 w/ contract

Difference - $180
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    I think it will work VERY VERY VERY well with the younger market.

ever since the release of the Iphone there has been a big demand for touch screen "advanced" phones in the age range of 16 - 25. Every time I go into an apple store theres always a small group of teenagers checking out iphones, or buying them.

Thanks to the iphone, teenagers are starting to go after more "advanced" cellphones (compared to the typical youth phones of choice: Razor, and Sidekick)

The only thing keeping most people under 25 from buying a PPC phone with a nice data plan is the price.

with handhelds running from $288 - $600, plus adding a decent plan with unlimited data... we're talking mucho dinero ($$) for poor college students (or even highschool students for that matter)

So what palm is doing is quite amazing; They are hitting a now growing market with a phone in a "students price range". Yes it's features are cut down compared to most ppc's.... but as a phone used to play media, check emails (myspace), txt, schedule their hectic lives, and overall feel they are "up there" with iphone owners..... I'd say it'd not to bad of a phone.

Hell, I am still young myself (i'm 20)

I've been a Treo 700wx owner for about a year now (use it for clients),
    I also have a HTC Mogul as my every other day phone. (couldn't do it with out Sero )

A lot of my friends are intrigued by my phones (creepy); I am constantly passing out my Mogul for friends to check their email and such when we're out and about, and so far helped 4 people get set up on the sero plan with 700wx's.

I guess what I am trying to say is, I am noticing this growing interest for pocket pc phones in the youth, and feel the Centro would do very well in sales. (plus my wife and I think it's a damn sexy phone)

- Jeff
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    yes, for years i've been told... "its a phone, it makes calls" and I guess I can thank Apple for making people ask me what it does and not say its "just a phone"

i think the demand for keyboards (threaded text messaging), AIM, and internet video/ news are the three things teens are looking for in a advanced phone. I would know, I am one myself.

im glad people are FINALLY saying the RAZR is cr*p, like it has ever been good!
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
    Quote Originally Posted by LiveFaith View Post
    PIC is quoting a named Palm rep who confirmed the existance of story on the Centro. He also is quoted as saying "Paul also states that there is a "bigger story" behind the Centro which will be revealed closer to the product release date."

Anyone willing to hazard a guess on what the "bigger story" is?
    The fact that it complements the Foleo is one story that they might be telling, if not for the obvious problem of conflicting demographics. How many teens need a Foleo?
    Quote Originally Posted by airibis View Post
    Hell, I am still young myself (i'm 20)

I've been a Treo 700wx owner for about a year now (use it for clients),
    (plus my wife and I think it's a damn sexy phone)

- Jeff
    20 years old, married and working.... Scary.

Surur
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    20 years old, married and working.... Scary.

Surur

LOL, parents say the same thing.

Married my childhood sweet heart after we graduated, one of those one a few situations I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim View Post
    The fact that it complements the Foleo is one story that they might be telling, if not for the obvious problem of conflicting demographics. How many teens need a Foleo?
    If the keys are really tiny, you'll need a Foleo just for the kb?
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)
    I think the Foleo will surprise a lot of people. It does have its short comings but Im sure 80-90 percent of the people who carry laptops simply use what the Foleo offers. How many times have you burned a cd/dvd on your laptop in the past year? Watch movies? Im sure they could get the Foleo to do that with some type of conversion. (Kinoma?)

Price? Well thats another story. Im hoping it will drop to $250 before I buy. This will reel in the new Centro people too. And isnt that what the Foleo was really made to do?
    Global Posts
    760 Global Posts
    I think it will do good with younger people. My daughter is constantly stealing my 700WX to text, check e-mail and my-space. She says its easier to use my phone than her clamshell. Sprint may get more kids going for it than Verizon if they were to carry it because of how expensive thier data plans are. Note sure how kids are going to afford that.
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tomvb2000 View Post
    If the keys are really tiny, you'll need a Foleo just for the kb?
    ^^;; I guess i read over how small the keys were...

Eeesh, maybe it's Palms way of pushing the Foleo?

"MUAHAHA having a hard time typing on this near impossible keyboard? BUY A FOLEO!!"

(ok.. that's over dramatized, but you get my point)

Maybe having people buy a foleo on top of the Centro is a way of balancing out the Centro's low price
    Global Posts
    760 Global Posts
    Wait I know how she will. It looks like I am adding a third data plan to my account.
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jas O View Post
    Wait I know how she will. It looks like I am adding a third data plan to my account.
    Eeesh

I don't mean to push the sero plan; but have you looked into it?
    Quote Originally Posted by airibis View Post
    LOL, parents say the same thing.

Married my childhood sweet heart after we graduated, one of those one a few situations I guess.
    Congratulations and stick with it. I married my sophomore college sweetheart and just celebrated our 25th. A rare thing these days - I've been very lucky and she's been very forgiving.
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast