Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I'm new to the world of Treo. Just got the 755 about a week ago, and I love it. I have been playing around with TakePhone & Dial By Photo. Both are good apps, and I like them both. They provide, mostly, the same functionality. I thought I'd ask all you Treo gurus which one y'all use. I'm so confused.....
    Takephone doesn't suffer from lag, like dbp does. The pictures are smaller, however. And both return to the dumpy treo phone screen when dialing, or on a call. I wish I could find one that replaced the enter phone app, period. The dialing, on call screen, contacts, the whole enchileda. (hope I spelled that right)
    Matty
    By far TakePhone is the more powerful application and is very well supported. Ben
    Just installed takephone and its awsome.. completely changes the look of the phone app... I have tried both and takephone takes the cake.
    Did you find a way for it to change the look of the active call, and contact screens?
    Matty
    nah... I read your post above and was hoping I could find an option to change those but no it looks like for now those have to stay .. but those really don't bother me since when I make a call I never see the call screen cause the phones by my ear but they are a bit blah and boring...
    I've been playin with the trial version of Takephone. It's one of the better programs I tried. I wanted to like dial by photo, but the bad lag killed it for me. Takephone only has lag if the wallpaper is activated. But it is not hardly noticable. I may end up buying Takephone myself....
    Matty
    I love DBP. I never tried takephone, but DBP has little to no lag for me, but I am on a 650. When I select a contact to call, I hit it twice and it dials immediately.
    I have DBP and love it. I actually wish there was a way to for it replace the original software, especially contacts. I never tried takephone, but from the way it's talked about, I might try it.