1.    #1  
    ok, I need help. I love my treo and everything has been fine but today when I try to go to Dial-by-photo it resets. I have plenty of memory. I have added some programs recently but everything is working but this program. I recently added splashclock,treo weather,and matrix screensaver. I understand if those programs crashed but what is with dial-by-photo?????
    Try removing any programs you added recently, then adding them back one by one (soft reset inbetween each, and after removing them) and see if one of them can be pointed to as the culprit.
    Last edited by kirk444; 08/15/2007 at 02:20 PM. Reason: clarification
    ive had the same problem with dial by photo itself it wouldnt let me access my phone at all i just deleted now everything is fine...
    I had a similar issue, but mine only crashed when I tried to dial a number. It open without an issue.
    I had recently install a beta app that works with the contacts Database. Once I deleted that app, DBP is all good again.

Whenever people see my dial screen, they always say "nice screen" - thanks to DialByPhoto.

It has to be one of the app. Bad programs app don't always crash themselves but may cause issues with other apps. If one of the apps deals with a shared program then it would be the first place to look.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    My guess would be the screensaver is the problem app and the Splashclock as the 2nd suspect.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
  6.    #6  
    I purchased treoweather and slashclock the night before the crashes. I move them over to the sd card. Is that good enough or do I need to delete them entirely from my device. It does not show up on my device internally but it still crashes when I try to pull up dial-by-photo. Would programs cause it to crash that I install earlier? Would it crash due to a program that I install couple weeks ago? Just wondering. I have trace on my treo for crashes. It says something about sms TreoSMS stub. Last night I tried to send a pic by sms and it crashed when I did. That is the last thing I did. Then the next morning dial-by-photo started crashing. Any more suggestions. I love that program.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by hearttx View Post
    I purchased treoweather and slashclock the night before the crashes. I move them over to the sd card. Is that good enough or do I need to delete them entirely from my device. It does not show up on my device internally but it still crashes when I try to pull up dial-by-photo. Would programs cause it to crash that I install earlier? Would it crash due to a program that I install couple weeks ago? Just wondering. I have trace on my treo for crashes. It says something about sms TreoSMS stub. Last night I tried to send a pic by sms and it crashed when I did. That is the last thing I did. Then the next morning dial-by-photo started crashing. Any more suggestions. I love that program.
    I have installed alot of godschoice programs which are free. They are great. The only other progra is matrix screensaver and teapot(timer). Anymore suggestions. I love dial-by-photo.
    So are you guys saying dialbyphoto is relatively stable? i just found out about this app and i thought it was beautiful. was actually planning to buy it.
  9.    #9  
    ok,ok,ok This is what I did. Thanks to godschoice, I downloaded the nvbackup program several weeks ago. I had saved a backup 2 weeks ago and did a restore. Presso, my dial-by-photo is back. So the culprit is either
    maxtrix screensaver, teapot,watchm, life as I see it(journal program). I reinstalled treoweather and slashclock and they are working fine. I will wait to see if everything is ok then see if I even want to try to add the others.
    It could have been just messed up when I attempted to send a pic by sms. Is there another way to see pic that way. Why would it say to add pic if they will not send. Prob the wrong size or something to cause to crash. Anyway I have what I want.
    Dial-by-photo is a great program.
    Quote Originally Posted by godschoice View Post
    My guess would be the screensaver is the problem app and the Splashclock as the 2nd suspect.
    My thoughts exactly. Treo Weather is from same developer and Splashclock is a major program that many people use and the problems between both would have been realized by now.
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    Just a note, my Beta version of Dial By Photo works great, its posted in another thread.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter