Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    I was hoping for some direction from the 755p owners. I switched to Sprint the end of June 06. For the first 11 1/2 months of 700p and Sprint usage, my coverage and lack of dropped calls were excellent. Unfortunately, with the MR and subsequent "upgrading" to PRL 20027, my reception has gone from dropping 1 call in 11 1/2 months to dropping 1 a day! I am not sure if this is related to the PRL or the MR or general network issues.

I did some searching here on this forum and see that it appears the 755p have a different PRL, and also likely a different ROM although I know that many people have mentioned that the MR was supposed to upgrade the 700p to something closer to a 755p ROM. I am wondering if anyone has had a simialr experience or more importantly, have NOT found these issues with the 755p. If it matters, I live in the northern suburbs of Chicago.

Thanks in advance.
    Had this discussion with my brother who also upgraded his 700p....but he is a Verizon customer. He was having a lot of problems losing reception (since the upgrade)....but I recall him indicating it was mostly data...he didn't mention dropped calls. Anyway, I don't have any dropped call issues...in fact, I don't think my 755p has ever dropped a call...but I occasionally get data drops.
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    thanks for the response, I think the Verizon issue is data related which is why they pulled their MR.

While data is definitely not connecting as well for me as previously, that to me at least is more of an annoying inconvenience. Dropping phone calls regularly is more infuriating.
    I had a 700p and never got a decent signal in my house - Sprint. I did the MR and signal was not a whole lot better. My house (a simple 3 level home, not brick) is in an "excellent coverage area" for Sprint. The 700p was poor before during and after the MR. I even put in a trouble ticket as it seemed poor that I could not get a decent signal in my home. Sprint found nothing wrong with my area of town and blamed it on having a smartphone - nice...!
    I too read that some people were having some better luck with the 755. I called in to Sprint and explained some of the problems I was having and they agreed to send out a 755 as a replacement. My signal has been no different in my home. Ok, maybe 5% better. I am sometimes able to have a conversation while near a window on the 755.
    I previously owned a Samsung i730.

The i730 got excellent reception everywhere but my apartment. The reception would be fine if I extended the antenna.

With the 755p, reception seems to be better. I get reception in my apartment and have dropped 1 call ever, about 2 hour ago. This was when I walked inside our elevator.
    Quote Originally Posted by amc41 View Post
    I had a 700p and never got a decent signal in my house - Sprint. I did the MR and signal was not a whole lot better. My house (a simple 3 level home, not brick) is in an "excellent coverage area" for Sprint. The 700p was poor before during and after the MR. I even put in a trouble ticket as it seemed poor that I could not get a decent signal in my home. Sprint found nothing wrong with my area of town and blamed it on having a smartphone - nice...!
    I too read that some people were having some better luck with the 755. I called in to Sprint and explained some of the problems I was having and they agreed to send out a 755 as a replacement. My signal has been no different in my home. Ok, maybe 5% better. I am sometimes able to have a conversation while near a window on the 755.
    I am in a poor coverage area on Sprint's network and I get a descent signal in the kitchen and living room and get a half descent signal in the bedrooms with an ocasional drop but I get almost nothing in our full basement that isn't even fully underground. I drop calls like crazy or I end up roaming and this is where I spend the most of my time watching TV or playing on the computer so I end up using my wifes A900 which works great down there. My 700p isn't bad at home, its just not good either. I have heard the 755p is the answer in reception and if 5% is all your getting, I am not going to budge.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart View Post
    I am in a poor coverage area on Sprint's network and I get a descent signal in the kitchen and living room and get a half descent signal in the bedrooms with an ocasional drop but I get almost nothing in our full basement that isn't even fully underground. I drop calls like crazy or I end up roaming and this is where I spend the most of my time watching TV or playing on the computer so I end up using my wifes A900 which works great down there. My 700p isn't bad at home, its just not good either. I have heard the 755p is the answer in reception and if 5% is all your getting, I am not going to budge.
    That is essentially the root of my question, is the 755p going to get me back to pre-MR and pre-20227 PRL levels. I was very happy with the reception I was getting before, and am not now.
    Not sure what's up with your PRL, but my 755p has version 60610. Are you not in an EVDO area? My 755p has been rock solid.
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    Not sure what's up with your PRL, but my 755p has version 60610. Are you not in an EVDO area? My 755p has been rock solid.
    Thats encouraging, I don't know why, but for some reason, the PRL's between devices have a whole different numbering system, but it appears that this 20227 has been a mess for 700p's. I think I read that someone with a Samsung A900 did the same PRL update (their numbering seems to be the same) and had poor reception issues after wards as well.

I am in an EVDO area and EVDO has actually connected pretty well consistently, again, my concern has been the voice aspect. It looks like I will lobby Sprint hard to replace the 700p with a 755p.