1.    #1  
    Hello,

I love AvantGo and had been using it for a few years on my Treo 600 with no problem when I switched to the 755p 2 weeks ago.

After installing AvantGo, it works just fine for a few days and then the app asks me to enter my password (and username, but that one is pre-populated). I enter the password, have to then click the 'sync' button. The password is accepted and the content get sync'ed wirelessly correctly (as far as I can tell), but then AvantGo goes back to the screen asking me to enter my password. If I 'go home', same story: I am back to the screen asking for my password.
    Same if I sync the content through HotSync.

After re-installing the app, same story. Works for a few days and then back to the password screen.

Any suggestions to solve this?

Thanks,

D.
    Dominique
    dbouchon I gave up on Avantgo after having the same thing happen. The last straw for me was entering my password causing a reset, and it was repeatable. At that point I just deleted it, and am using Quicknews instead. Something is wrong with Avantgo for the 755p imho.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    I had the same problem with Avantgo on several devices - including my TX and 755p.

I also finally gave up on it.

I'm now using Sunrise (on my computer) and the Plucker viewer (on the 755p) to replace it.

About the only downside is there is no wireless update since the Sunrise has to run on the computer to reformat the websites you have set up.

But other than that, Sunrise/Plucker works MUCH better - at least once you get all the sites you want configured.
    I had that problem for a few days with my 755p. I reloaded the AvantGo software, and it has been working fine since.
    I had the same issue continue to resurface on my Treo 650 and 755p. I gave up on it as well. It was hard to say goodbye, it has kept me current since my Palm III days.

I now use Resco Neeews for offlining news and from the browser I use either Google Reader or http://mlvb.net (to view unfriendly pages in a pda-friendly view)
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    Simple fix. Just go to options in Avantgo, then server prefaces, then hit the settings button, then retype in your password, then, and this is key, hit the "Refresh All Content" button. Once you're done that, do a sync with Avantgo and presto, it works.
    sarantis I tried that before giving up on Avantgo. The problem of not being to log in kept recurring and then I started getting resets each time I accessed it. Unfortunately that did not work more than a few days at a time for me anyway.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sarantis View Post
    Simple fix. Just go to options in Avantgo, then server prefaces, then hit the settings button, then retype in your password, then, and this is key, hit the "Refresh All Content" button. Once you're done that, do a sync with Avantgo and presto, it works.
    Until the next time it decides to make you do that all over again.
    I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one experiencing this problem. I wonder if this issue is somehow tied to wireless syncing, since it also happened on my LifeDrive, which I would sync wirelessly via WiFi, yet never with any of my previous non-wireless PDAs. Or is it a Mac-related issue, perhaps? (prior to my LD, I was a ThinkPad man, whereas now I'm strictly MBP).

Anyway, I only just recently uninstalled/reinstalled AvantGo last week, and I've vowed that this will be the last time. Once it goes south again, I'm switching over to Resco.

Regards,
    Adam
    Sony: NR70, NX80
    Palm: III, V, Vx, IIIc, m505, LifeDrive, Treo 700p, Palm Pre
    Android: HTC Evo 4G
  10.    #10  
    Hello,

it seems to be working now for me - I followed this Avantgo support article (includin the linked page it contains):
    http://avantgo.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/...i=&p_topview=1

It seems they are advising to delete and recreate the sync settings with the exact same settings - sounds stupid, but that did the trick for me.

Thanks,

D.
    Dominique
    Just wanted to post to say that after I upgraded to v6.5, I encountered this same problem with my Treo 700wx. Sarantis' instructions worked for me (hopefully I won't have problems in the future). Thank you all for this thread.
    You can now access Avango from Blazer using your password and so far I have not had any problems with it.

http://m.avantgo.com/ui