1.    #1  
    icons from your palm. I'm a new palm user and have tried many different apps seeing which work well for me, well to say the least some programs I have kept and others deleted, now the phone is cluttered with unused icons, how do you delete the icon after deleting the programs.

thanks

Matt
    I've never seen this happen. Icons typically delete when the app is deleted.

What method are you using to delete the apps?
  3.    #3  
    I would highlight the icon then go hit menu and a delete apps page comes up. After I delete the program the icon stays. For example, get good (a program that came with the phone) and Voice get nuanc...a program I downloaded and deleted buy the icon still remains. any ideas????
    get good and get nuance came with the treo they can not be removed. stuff that came with the treo cant be removed un less you have a hack and then it will only hide it
    I got my palm pre on day 1 Treo 755p with sprint
    Bug me , zlauncher , Treo memo, Volume care pro, Backupman , Takephone,Agendus, 2day, Holidates, lex spell, Bdictionary, Mundu, Adrian Money ,Genius, Callblock,minitones,Pocket Tunes Deluxe, doc2go,Timesheet, bible reader,Checkers sea War,Hot reverse ,sudoku and Black jack (All games are on my sd card) , Yaps and crytex, safeguard
    Nvback up on 2nd 1gig sd card
  5.    #5  
    Holy cow, learn something new everyday. Thanks for the input, now I can stop banging my head up against the wall. Poor design though that you can't get rid of those programs though huh?
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Change them to the "Unfiled" category. That way they won't show up as you cycle through the various categories in the Applications viewer.
  7.    #7  
    DBETT,

thanks that will solve the issue,
    There are some freeware/shareware apps that will "hide" undesired apps like that completely. I'm at a complete loss for what they were called, though. I know I saw one on mytreo.net at some point.
    I use the free Application Panel program to hide those apps. Take a look at my list of Essential Freeware apps in my signature or browse to my site to get the story - http://www.palmloyal.com/mobile
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    I think one of the programs was called obfuscate.
    I have not tried it so I cannot vouch for it - and I may have the name wrong, but I think it is close to that.