Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
    ditto on the selector bar - i don't really like the brown either
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE View Post
    Hi,

how do you select what fields to include ?)
    If it makes it less complicated to program, you could have it select all fields and then the user could delete from the sms/email, whatever info they didn't want to be sent. Just a thought.

TIA
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  3.    #143  
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    If it makes it less complicated to program, you could have it select all fields and then the user could delete from the sms/email, whatever info they didn't want to be sent. Just a thought.

TIA
    This may easily yield text larger than 160...
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
    This may easily yield text larger than 160...
    In that case one would have to use email for those that exceed 160.

Anyway, It would be useful to have if you can manage to get it to work.

Tks again for the great app Shimon.
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    anyone having trble with conference calls and takephone?

i can establish a conference call just fine but when i am looking to disconnect the last person i called is when i have an issue, from what i remember.. u just hit the end button (red) or the screen icon hangup all and both calls will drop, then the person that is still on the line will be automatically dialed back to your phone... that is the way it used to work without using takephone, now with takephone, when i hangup all the calls are dropped and nothing is dialed back to me....?

treo 755/sprint
  6.    #146  
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    anyone having trble with conference calls and takephone?

i can establish a conference call just fine but when i am looking to disconnect the last person i called is when i have an issue, from what i remember.. u just hit the end button (red) or the screen icon hangup all and both calls will drop, then the person that is still on the line will be automatically dialed back to your phone... that is the way it used to work without using takephone, now with takephone, when i hangup all the calls are dropped and nothing is dialed back to me....?

treo 755/sprint
    Hi,

As far as I know, TAKEphONE does nothing to handle hanging up (especially with the red button). Can you try this with TAKEphONE deleted ?
    Shimon Shnitzer
    suggestion (minor one) - when using a contact on the ibar set to PROMPT, is it possible for the cursor to move up thru the top of the list, to get to the end of this list? when you open the contact, it defaults to the first entry. if you have a few numbers listed for that contact, it could be 4-5 presses away if your desired number is last on the list. if you can scroll up then it would reduce the amount of times you have to move the cursor.
  8.    #148  
    Quote Originally Posted by eddieras View Post
    suggestion (minor one) - when using a contact on the ibar set to PROMPT, is it possible for the cursor to move up thru the top of the list, to get to the end of this list? when you open the contact, it defaults to the first entry. if you have a few numbers listed for that contact, it could be 4-5 presses away if your desired number is last on the list. if you can scroll up then it would reduce the amount of times you have to move the cursor.
    Good idea.

Will see what I can do.

Thanks.
    Shimon Shnitzer

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    Shimon

I'd like to be able to send contact info from my address book via sms and email but not as a vcf file-just plain old text.
    It's a pain to copy & paste each line of the contact's info: name, company, tel, email & notes.

Hi,

This would require quite some work (implementing + the GUI - how do you select what fields to include ?)

That's a second vote for such a request.
    Anyone else ?
    Yes, sending contact info via sms or email in text format would be outstanding. My vote is in. Perhaps a preference selection called "send contact in txt or vcf".
    Sprint Treo 600 (since October '03) --> PPC 6700 (exactly 29 days) --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> BB Curve 8330.
    Okay, I've shortened my list...so hopefully I'll get a response.

- Get rid of the "hot key detected" message and just let Butler's keylauncher work unobstructed as other apps allow.

- Allow the down arrow to keep moving down when you reach the bottom of a speed dial page. There is a right arrow...so the user most likely doesn't need the application to move the selection to the top of the right column when the selection reaches the bottom of the left column...and it is annoying for those of us who have several pages of favorites.

- Change the appearance of the keyguard popup in the default skin...since it blends (and camouflages) so well...and bewilders my wife when she uses my phone. Perhaps just make the background white as it is on some of the skins.

- Allow the user to opt out of displaying *any* records on the find page until they start typing....since I get kind of tired of constantly staring at the first four records in my address book...which are fairly random contacts...and switching to the speed dial list is not what I am looking for.

- Allow the user to opt out of the TakePhone address book overlay and get right into the Palm standard address book. I wanted to replace the phone application...not the address book...and I miss having direct access to it without having to go through two or three steps...or rely on a Butler keylaunch sequence.

Thanks for listening.
    IIIx -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Launch day Pre
  11.    #151  
    Okay, I've shortened my list...so hopefully I'll get a response.

>>> Sorry if I neglected to respond earlier.

- Get rid of the "hot key detected" message and just let Butler's keylauncher work unobstructed as other apps allow.

>>> I will try to add an option to cancel TAKEphONE handling of
    >>> HotKeys later on.

- Allow the down arrow to keep moving down when you reach the bottom of a speed dial page. There is a right arrow...so the user most likely doesn't need the application to move the selection to the top of the right column when the selection reaches the bottom of the left column...and it is annoying for those of us who have several pages of favorites.

>>> TAKEphONE "looks" at the favourite pages as arrange side by side,
    >>> in stead of one on top of the other.

- Change the appearance of the keyguard popup in the default skin...since it blends (and camouflages) so well...and bewilders my wife when she uses my phone. Perhaps just make the background white as it is on some of the skins.

>>> I see what you mean. The way those "dark" skins are implemented
    >>> right now, I cant help this issue. I will probably resolve it better
    >>> in next generations.

- Allow the user to opt out of displaying *any* records on the find page until they start typing....since I get kind of tired of constantly staring at the first four records in my address book...which are fairly random contacts...and switching to the speed dial list is not what I am looking for.

>>> I know - I will be adding an option not to display anything when
    >>> search is empty.

- Allow the user to opt out of the TakePhone address book overlay and get right into the Palm standard address book. I wanted to replace the phone application...not the address book...and I miss having direct access to it without having to go through two or three steps...or rely on a Butler keylaunch sequence.

>>> Problem is this will disable the two main features of TAKEphONE -
    >>> the smart search, and the ability to handle extra digits (pauses)
    >>> in all phone fields in all contacts (as well as call cards).
    >>> If all you want is the second feature (extra digits & call cards) -
    >>> you might find my CallCards application suits you better.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scuba_steve View Post
    Since you use Butler, have you tried the Butler keyguard? The latest beta should make it pretty obvious the keyguard is active.
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry

Thanks for listening.
    a workaround....
    i use my side button to get to the contact list

tho i know it depends on what you already have your side button set for!
    Hey...thanks much for the reply!

Regarding the speed dial pages being side-by-side - If you hit down when you are in the bottom right-hand speed dial box, it takes you to the next page. I was just wondering if we could have that behavior on the bottom left-hand box as well.

The user also has an option to turn the side-by-side speed dial navigation option off...and I do...because it gets in the way of me using the five way nav key to switch between the various major phone function pages (e.g., to get to the dialer). When it is turned off, it is more (at least to the user) like the pages are stacked vertically...but you cannot get to the next page unless you are on the bottom right-hand speed dial entry.

I suppose that I could re-enable side-by-side nav and rely on the phone button to switch between the major phone functions...but the nav key is so easy to find without looking closely...and one-handed operation is really where takephone shines.

Anyway, thanks again for the reply and the great work!

cheers,
    Steve
    Last edited by scuba_steve; 10/01/2007 at 11:48 AM.
    Regarding the speed dial pages being side-by-side - If you hit down when you are in the bottom right-hand speed dial box, it takes you to the next page. I was just wondering if we could have that behavior on the bottom left-hand box as well.
    I also like this idea.
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
  16.    #156  
    Hi,

OK - will do up/down moved through pages...
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Hi,

OK - will do up/down moved through pages...
    Tks Shimon
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover

(a six pack for you)
    some web searching additions would be great to

besides just going to google or white pages

like if u wanted to check a movie time
  20.    #160  
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    some web searching additions would be great to

besides just going to google or white pages

like if u wanted to check a movie time
    Hi,

You can define those in the "Custom" option.
    Shimon Shnitzer
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast