1.    #1  
    Hi all,

I recently jumped over to 755p after using 650 for over 2yrs. (I still have 650 until its billing cycle is over.. stupid Sprint doesn't let me cancel in the middle...)

Anyhow, Treo650 has a "menu button" that brings up the menu for each application, which was very convenient. 755p now has a green button that I don't see much use in its place.

Is there any way I can map this green button to show menu?

I've searched the forum but was surprised that there was no thread for this issue!
    Are you looking for the button in the bottom row all the way to the right (to the right of the Alt key)?
    http://www.microdel.com/tmp/Menu.png
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by DirkD; 08/15/2007 at 01:34 AM.
    I dont mean to be rude or be an A$$ but thats like in the first pages of the manual.
    Quote Originally Posted by rick2203 View Post
    I dont mean to be rude or be an A$$ but thats like in the first pages of the manual.

True but who reads the manual now days to anything??
    you can use the app "ludus p" to map the buttons to mimick the 650... that's what I did for the 1st couple of weeks with 755... then I decided to force myself to get use to the new layout...
    HTC Touch Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by MsRandall View Post
    True but who reads the manual now days to anything??

yea i agree but my point is if theres something you cant find or do , first thing you do is read the manual. how long did it take to come online, ask the question then wait for someone to respond to the post, when the button layout of the Treo is within the first few pages of the manual. maybe im wrong but the manual sounded like the easier of the two.
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rick2203 View Post
    yea i agree but my point is if theres something you cant find or do , first thing you do is read the manual. how long did it take to come online, ask the question then wait for someone to respond to the post, when the button layout of the Treo is within the first few pages of the manual. maybe im wrong but the manual sounded like the easier of the two.
    who cares
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdelt View Post
    who cares
    Ouch!!!!!
  9. PSM
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    I had this problem when I first got the 700 (like a month ago). I was playing with it as I walked through the parking lot after leaving the store and I was stumped for like a full minute wondering where the menu button was. I definitely didn't expect it to be where it was. I was pressing wrong hardware buttons all the time at first. I've gotten used to it now, though (I did use Butler to remap the green button to all the phone functions, and I use the phone button for Blazer).
  10.    #10  
    Yeah. I made quite a fool of myself!

I just skipped the key section of the manual as I thought the key layout was pretty much the same and I didn't need to waste time on that section. How badly mistaken I was!

For some reason, I really enjoyed reading all the manuals back to back but now I don't do it anymore. Maybe I am getting old..

But nonetheless, thanks much for all the inputs!