1.    #1  
    Has anyone else experienced the following? Should I be concerned/worried?

After charging my 755p for a long time, the green light turns on (which I have it set to do through Butler and/or LEDoff). If I leave the phone plugged into the charger and tap the battery icon (which has the green lighting bolt) it comes up as "100%".

However if I unplug the phone and tap the battery again, literally 1 second later, it says "97%"

I have never had the battery read 100% unless the phone is plugged in.

Could it be due to the fact that I'm using my old 650 charger? I thought they would be interchangeable.

Comments? Observations? Thoughts?
    Even more weird is if immediately after charging you take the battery out and put it back in again - I consistantly gain a 1-2% increase in charged level - try it - I have been able to reproduce this effect many times.

I just took my 755p off a palm cradle charger and it went from 100% to 98% - usually it goes from 100% to 97% with either my standard battery or 2100mah seidio battery - now before playing with the Treo - take the battery out and put it back - basically doing a soft reset - I bet you will gain at least 1% maybe 2%.

I wonder why it recalculates that way?
    I have seen this behavior since I got my Treo 755p. I have read where 680 users have it too. One odd thing is that I have a battery charger from Palm and if I charge my batteries in there I get 99%, in the Treo 97 or 98%. I have 3 batteries- an OEM and the 2100mAH, and the 3200mAH and they all do this and have from day one.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by MouseGlider View Post
    Even more weird is if immediately after charging you take the battery out and put it back in again - I consistantly gain a 1-2% increase in charged level - try it - I have been able to reproduce this effect many times.
    Wow...weird I'll have to give that a try tonight!

Thanks MouseGlider and Cathearder for confirming it isn't just me but a common issue!
    In the beginning it made me nutz until I realized that everyone seemed to have this lol. Then I spoke with someone who had a 680 and realized that it had been that way with that model too. Now it seems normal.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    I'm experiencing the exact same behaviour.
    Charges to 100% on AC...remove from AC 97%.
    --Nelson
    Haven't heard anyone yet who has anything different. I get 99% from the battery charger but not the Treo.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by MouseGlider View Post
    Just to confirm...charged to 100%, removed charger and dropped to 96%, took out battery and put it back in, magically up to 99%!

Very odd, especially since I didn't see this with my old 650!
    It seems so widespread that I am not concerned with it at this point. It bothered me a lot in the beginning, but it is apparent this is the norm.
    My 650 does this. Take it off the charger and look at the phone and it drops to 99%. Use it for a minute then it goes down to 97%.
    Looks like we all gave up on this battery issue. Anyone see any improvements form the 1.07 fw upgrade? I did not.
    yep.
    Wow, am I glad someone refreshed this thread. I thought there was something wrong with my brand new out of the box 755p. Mine does the same behavior, charge it until the green light comes on and the treo (while still plugged in) shows 100%, but unplug it and it drops to 97%. I have also taken out the battery and re-inserted it and it went up to 99%. Now this is charging it with the AC adapter plugged into the hotsync cable. I just this morning unplugged my AC adapter and plugged just that into the treo to charge it, when the green light came on the treo showed 100% (while still plugged in) but when I pulled out the AC adapter, it dropped to 99%.

Seems I gained an extra 2% from charging it with just the AC adapter and not the AC adapter plugged into the hotsync cable. Weird
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    Here is a possible fix, and it might even improve your battery life as well. I got it off another forum site:

Drain your battery COMPLETELY. Let it get all the way down to where it will warn you and then shut itself off. After it shuts itself off, you can start it up again and let it drain a little more. I did this a few times myself.

Then charge your battery up completely. It might take care of the problem, and there's a chance it might improve your battery life as well.
    You know, this is the accepted way to recondition the Li-on batteries in laptops and I have done this myself with my Thinkpad. It resets the charging circuitry somehow. Thanks
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    what version of 755p is this, sprint or verizon? mine is doing ok, im using sprint version.
    "If you bring forth what is within you, it will heal you. And if you do not bring forth what is within you, it will destroy you." (from the Gospel of St. Thomas)
    I have a Sprint 755p and it exhibits this behavior from brand new out of the box, which is what leads me to believe I need to re-condition the battery.
    Mine is Sprint on 1.07, and I think I tried the drain and recharge back on 1.04. I even had the phone replaced for another issue and not surprisingly both the Seidio and stock batteries behave in the same manner. I will try the drain and recharge again and report back.
    yep.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    I noticed this battery drain issue when I first got my 755P in November. My 700P didn't do this (come off the charger at 96% after a full night's charge).

One thing I noticed is that even though it reports 97% (or 96%) after a full nights charge, it doesn't necessarily mean the battery doesn't last (as long as the 700P). It seems more like a readout issue than a “I’m not getting enough life out of my battery" issue).

For example, my 700P started the day out at 99% when taken off the charger and was at 80% at noon. My 755P starts the day out at 96% but is at 82% at noon, so I’m just not too worried about this.
    Last edited by Rob_T; 02/01/2008 at 06:51 PM.
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
    Hi Rob, agreed; even though I am reporting this same thing happening, it is not overly concerning me and my battery seems to last a long time. Today for instance when I pulled it off the AC adapter it showed 99% and just now, after using the internet, ChatterEmail, playing many games and making about 3 phone calls (that's in 7 hours) my battery is at 84%. I think that is pretty darn good.
    report - the drain and recharge did not fix the behavior. thanks for the info though.
    yep.