1.    #1  

Contains new info and you can even sign up to be notified when the updated updaters are released again.
    Thanks for keeping us updated....

For those who are too lazy , here is the link: http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...e/verizon.html

Quote Originally Posted by c5vettes View Post

Contains new info and you can even sign up to be notified when the updated updaters are released again.
    July 12th!!!

What's updated?
    "and if that wasn't funny, there were lots of things that weren't even funnier..."
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kewl 700p View Post
    Thanks for keeping us updated....

For those who are too lazy , here is the link: http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...e/verizon.html
    Doh! I can't believe I didn't include the link! I'm retarded.
    WoW... everything that ive sorta asked in my letter to palm seems like its actually 'working?'

I asked palm a few things..
    more open communication
    admission to the data problem (at least)

You think they caught on?

Though I could say they didnt resolve the issue in 10 days because this is posted for July 12th.. hehe
    Last edited by ncc1701p; 08/15/2007 at 01:30 AM. Reason: Edited for Spartaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    Thanks for the update.

They don't mention the connectivity issues related to 1X areas - where the network doesn't work at all, since the MR 1.10 update. I've submitted several support tickets to Verizon related to this specific issue... So, it had better be in the fix list. Palm/Verizon - ARE YOU LISTENING? You've denied me the switch to the 700wx - so you had better be fixing the 1X area problems!!!!!

Anyone have a clue as to how long we will have to wait for a patch?
  7. PSM
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Even though dedicated TreoCentral readers will probably know about the re-release of the MR before Palm's notifications go out, I think it's probably a good idea for everyone to register, just to show them how many people are waiting for this update.

It still bugs me that they don't mention the DTMF tone at all and seem to be saying that the only problem is the network connectivity. I'm not one to want to deal with tech support, but I may compose an e-mail later if I have the time. Has anyone else ever gotten an answer about the DTMF issue?
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    this is what the page looked like pre-mr. fyi i am still waiting for my notification that the vzw release is out.352 days left on my contract and then bibi vzw and palm
  9.    #9  
    The official Palm Blog has been updated with info about all this...

http://blog.palm.com/palm/2007/08/treo-700-series.html
    Quote Originally Posted by c5vettes View Post
    The official Palm Blog has been updated with info about all this...

http://blog.palm.com/palm/2007/08/treo-700-series.html
    *Clap*

Honestly I am AWED at all of this.. I really am. I sent a letter via BBB asking them to do some things not only for me but for the whole treo community.
    Communication is key.

Wonder if this could be the turning point.
    Global Posts
    420 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ncc1701p View Post
    *Clap*

Honestly I am AWED at all of this.. I really am. I sent a letter via BBB asking them to do some things not only for me but for the whole treo community.
    Communication is key.

Wonder if this could be the turning point.
    You should have demanded a full refund AND replacement with 755's for all of us!
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    screen distortion, DTMF sounds when on mute, data connectivity problems are the top 3 related to the VZW 1.10 MR...what a joke we are still waiting for a functional 700p!?!! WTF I have given up trying to justify it and want to sue
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler
    Quote Originally Posted by bbtkd View Post
    You should have demanded a full refund AND replacement with 755's for all of us!

I did request a full refund. Of course that was one issue that was not brought up
    Quote Originally Posted by noodle View Post
    ... I have given up trying to justify it and want to sue
    I don't blame you. Actually (not to beat a dead horse) we may have a legitimate case. I'm not talking class-action here, since that is a waste for everyone accept the attorneys, but perhaps using small claims.

I am on going on my 4th 700p now (though they just accidentally sent me a 700w as a replacement). Vz has been attempting to deny me warranty service since 1 year has passed. So far, though, I have been somewhat successful in getting them to assist me, but they continue to give me a hard time.

My main point here is that as far as I am concerned (and I think the law/courts would side with me) is that because they recognized that the product was defective DURING the warranty period, but would not release the fix until AFTER the 1 year period expired, the warranty is extended until the problem is fixed.

If at any time they decide to claim that my warranty is void, I will be done with Vz forever. I will take them to small claims, sue for the cost of the phone, the amount of data since the MR was released and the cost of the early termination fees for my entire family to switch to a company that offers a similar phone that works.
    Palm V --> Clie 610 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Treo 600 ("verizonfied") --> Treo 650 ("verizonfied") --> Vz Treo 700p -->AT&T Tilt
    I would recommend going the small claims route. Going after a refund for the device is clearly within the domain of small claims court, and imagine if thousands of people filed all over the country -- VZW and Palm would never have the manpower to fight on that level. If the defendant doesn't show up, the court rules in the plaintiff's favor... hmm...