Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    New 755p! Could of times it has said not enough memory to perform this task. And i did the check mem and i have 42MB left?! for example, i tried to view a photo i just took. it said no memory!

any thoughts? help!

i tihnk this is why my other apps are crashing my phone. not enough memory.
    Sprint Treo 755p (ex-650) user and loving it.
    1.04-SPNT
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    edit: actully thinking back i got the new prl update on snday. ever since then... hmmmmm prl 60610
    1.04-SPNT
    Maybe you are out of dynamic memory? If it says out of memory and then you do a soft-reset and it works after that, you might want to look into a cache-management program.

Edit: Nevermind, I just read your other threads and it sounds like the prl update.
    Now that you have mention this, I cannot remember the last time I got an out of memory error (over 2 months). I know I used too, so it must have related to the Treo (blue) that died or to an app that I have long removed.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    hard reset, appears ok, we'll see....
    1.04-SPNT
    Are you running a 3rd party launcher?

Ben
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    nope. should I be? if so, which one?
    1.04-SPNT
    A third party launcher allows you to put those applications that do not run automagically, in conjunction with other applications, or repond to alarms, on the card. The potential of saving main device memory is pretty good.

Ben
    the out of memory error was probably a db cache issue... I would install some type of cache management app so you can manually flush your cache or let the app do it for you...
    HTC Touch Pro
    I have RescoBackup automatically flush dbcache after every scheduled backup.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Your DB cache can get stuffed bunches of times throughout the day. My recommendation is Reset Doctor. It is intended to flush the db cache at a user specified level. Now, that will not keep you from loosing files - the developer has to work hard at that. It will keep the DB cache in better condition. When you do get that message though, a soft reset is normally the fix and normally an indication that it has happened is the loss of a file.

Ben
    Thanks for suggesting Reset Doctor. My 755 has been resetting itself frequently, and Reset Doctor has sorted that out.

Does anyone know why my 755 requires so many cache cleanups? I set Reset Doctor to flush the cache when it gets down to 16Meg. And during normal use, it flushes the cache about fifteen times per day. This is using the calendar, contacts, phone app and Blazer.

Thanks