1.    #1  
    I just installed GMM completely over the air on my Treo 750 with a brand new WM6 OS loaded on. I clicked on the "Get Good" icon and selected the GMM for WM5/WM6 version which was already prompted. It downloaded fine and everything seemed to be working fine at first pass but I now have two issues that did not exist with GMM when I was running WM5.

1. When I receive a call the caller ID notification only shows the number but no longer shows the name of the caller as it exists in my GMM and outlook database.

THIS MYSTERIOUSLY STARTED WORKING FINE AFTER ABOUT 24 HOURS.

2. More troubling is that when I am typing a word in an email message the autofill choices change everytime I type a letter as if the letter I just typed is the first letter of the word. For instance if I type the letter b I get a bunch of choices that begin with "b" but as soon as I type the next letter in the word, for example "r" then all of the autofill choices are only words that start with "r". I thought this might be a bug in WM6 but when I use other applications such as MS Word it works fine so I have deduced this is only a GMM issue.

THIS ISSUE HAS A WORK AROUND (SUGGESTED BY PAPAJDUB) BY DISABLING AUTOCOMPLETE IN WM6 SETTINGS. NOT AN IDEAL SOLUTION BUT FOR THOSE OF YOU OUT THERE THAT ARE EXPERIENCING THESE MAJOR TEXT INPUT DELAYS YOU HAVE A SOLUTION. GMM'S AUTOCORRECT STILL WORKS WITH APOSTROPHES, ETC.
    Is anybody else having these issues? I have already reprovisioned GMM and the problems both still exist and I am thinking I should actually uninstall GMM and re-inistall.

Does anybody else have any ideas?
    Last edited by Dsol; 09/10/2007 at 11:07 PM. Reason: Issue 1 went away and found workaround for issue 2
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    The current version of GMM does not support WM6.
    Does the Good Installer check what version of windows is running on the device and prompt if it does not find WM5?
    Treo 750 - Cingular/ATT
  4.    #4  
    Good Guy--

Thanks for your response, although I was hoping for a resolution or maybe a "try this". I understand that you are saying GMM does not officially support WM6 but one of the icons included in my WM6 ROM is a "Get Good" icon and when I select it it takes me to your site and then prompts for a WM6 PPC version of GMM which leads me to believe that GMM does support it. Why does it say that when I click on the icon?

Secondly, assuming there is no current GMM version that supports WM6 would you be willing to attempt to answer my earlier questions with a guess? I realize you are not speaking as an official representative of GMM but yet you seem very willing to help solve problems.

Also, for what it is worth you may want to share my experience with your development team so they can confirm that GMM 5.0 will not have the auto-fill problem I described above and also that caller ID will work as it should--just in case these issues have not been identified. I am guessing that with the GMM 5.0 which uses the native Treo contacts the caller ID issue should go away but you never know.

And Conekkted, to answer your question, it sure looked like GMM was installing the proper software because it identified WM6 and then went ahead with the install. It made no mention that WM6 was not supported. I did not install from a back up or use an old CAB file. I did a fresh download from the GMM site and installed the software it pushed out to me. Conekkted do you have any ideas--you seem to be extremely well versed in the ins and outs of this software, whereas I am just an end user who looks for answers in this message board.

Thanks to both of you-

Lastly, have any of you who stated in other threads that GMM works on WM6 noticed either of these issues?

Last edited by Dsol; 08/15/2007 at 12:23 AM. Reason: clarification
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsol View Post
    Good Guy--

Thanks for your response, although I was hoping for a resolution or maybe a "try this". I understand that you are saying GMM does not officially support WM6 but one of the icons included in my WM6 ROM is a "Get Good" icon and when I select it it takes me to your site and then prompts for a WM6 PPC version of GMM which leads me to believe that GMM does support it. Why does it say that when I click on the icon?

***i just tried this and you are correct it says for pocket pc 6.0 but the actual cab file is still PPC2005.cab. this changed as of recently because we werent even able to download good this way on a wm6 device. The only way to get the 5.0 beta client install is from anotehr site they offer to beta testers.

Secondly, assuming there is no current GMM version that supports WM6 would you be willing to attempt to answer my earlier questions with a guess? I realize you are not speaking as an official representative of GMM but yet you seem very willing to help solve problems.

Also, for what it is worth you may want to share my experience with your development team so they can confirm that GMM 5.0 will not have the auto-fill problem I described above and also that caller ID will work as it should--just in case these issues have not been identified. I am guessing that with the GMM 5.0 which uses the native Treo contacts the caller ID issue should go away but you never know.

***yes in 5.0 all these issues are gone. caller id work,voice dialing and all the fun stuff

And Conekkted, to answer your question, it sure looked like GMM was installing the proper software because it identified WM6 and then went ahead with the install. It made no mention that WM6 was not supported. I did not install from a back up or use an old CAB file. I did a fresh download from the GMM site and installed the software it pushed out to me. Conekkted do you have any ideas--you seem to be extremely well versed in the ins and outs of this software, whereas I am just an end user who looks for answers in this message board.

***the file you downloaded is named ppc2005.cab, which is for good 4.9

Thanks to both of you-

Lastly, have any of you who stated in other threads that GMM works on WM6 noticed either of these issues?

I have not seen these issues but i am running my wm6 with good beta 5.0 server and client software.

Basically you need to wait until everythign is released and not in beta format. It sounds like the only thing that is currently in production is your comapnays good server.

Consequently i have been using pocket outlook on my wm6 750 connected to my exchange server and it is in real tiime and works great. i wouldnt use good if i didnt have to support it.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    AT&T user with
    Treo 650
    Treo 680
    Treo 750 WM6
    BB Pearl
    BB 8310
    BB 8820
    Good Mobile Messaging Admin
    ver. 4.9 and 5.0 with 1535 users
    BES Admin
    ver. 4.1.4 with 1457 users