1.    #1  
    I know this is blasphemous, but I don't want web access. I got the 650 for the combo phone/PDA, which is first rate, to replace my Tungsten and old LG cell phone.

How do I remove/block/shut off the web access? I've used almost 100k inadvertantly (that Verizon will undoubtly charge me a zillion dollars for) when I was experimenting and didn't know it would connect.

Also, my kids use it occasionally as a phone, and I don't want them surfing dad's new toy since they see a web icon.

Thanks.
    just change the connection settings to something invalid
    Just call Verizon and tell them you want National Data Block. You can then send text messages, but not email or pictures.
    You can purchase a program called battery dr. that will disconnect any connection if the phone is idle. Also for the kids, Kidszone is a great app that lets you set restrictions to what programs they can access. Its your third post, but welcome to TC.
    That is what I did to my wife's 650...I make a new connection info in the Prefs -> Network and as a previous poster said, create a new inactive account and it will try to connect but will be unsuccessful as the info is not correct.
    Kyocera 6035 -> Kyocera 7135 -> Palm Treo 600 -> Palm Treo 650 -> Palm Treo 700p -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Treo 800w -> Palm Centro ->Palm Pre!
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenzytom View Post
    That is what I did to my wife's 650...I make a new connection info in the Prefs -> Network and as a previous poster said, create a new inactive account and it will try to connect but will be unsuccessful as the info is not correct.

Only negative is no MMS if she does that.
    Last edited by cadman; 08/16/2007 at 08:41 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by cadman View Post
    Only negative is no MMS if she does that.
    You can't have mms(or email) unless you use data. The OP doesn't want a data plan and therefore, is on a pay-as-you-go. Sure you can set up a different account for the network, but why not just get Verizon to block data? That way, there will be no way to incure data charges.
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    You can't have mms(or email) unless you use data. The OP doesn't want a data plan and therefore, is on a pay-as-you-go. Sure you can set up a different account for the network, but why not just get Verizon to block data? That way, there will be no way to incure data charges.
    I don't use data, but do use mms. The data charges are minimal..
  9.    #9  
    Thank you to all.
    I occasionally hit the web icon accidentally to find I was online when I pulled the phone from my pocket. The simple fix for me was to move the icon to another category that did not show it on my main screen. If I ever do need it, I can simply change the screen view and log on.