Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    anyone having this too? random texts from 9114 with a bunch of characters...

//SVAgICdTEAQAA4Rloh4+GdkEFtby/TXCh6BWLW1+cGq4foAsJa/P3czGQOJJLOTALIMAFpuoIc0qIbkVxs2BDOO2TAAEa3XgjO//VS

that's the text. what does this mean?

btw this is my first post with my treo
    I got 3 of these today and when I replied it said they have chosen not to recieve messages. This is bull****... I don't want txt spam.
    David Smith

Me - Treo 755p
    Wifey - Treo Centro
    Never got this
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    Me either...
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    block txts from that # via sprints website
    HTC Touch Pro
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by R1_Rydah View Post
    block txts from that # via sprints website
    I'll try that. I didnt know i could Thanks
    I got the same message. It's connected to Sprint Mobile Email. I uninstalled the application this morning and when an email came into my yahoo account, that text showed up on my phone. IT must be the text the server sends when a new email comes in triggering the phone to download the email.
    Quote Originally Posted by albertb View Post
    I got the same message. It's connected to Sprint Mobile Email. I uninstalled the application this morning and when an email came into my yahoo account, that text showed up on my phone. IT must be the text the server sends when a new email comes in triggering the phone to download the email.
    how long have you had sprint mobile email? these guys have been having problems since it was released to the public...
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    I installed Sprint Mobile email 2-3 days ago, and uninstalled it yesterday.
    Quote Originally Posted by albertb View Post
    I installed Sprint Mobile email 2-3 days ago, and uninstalled it yesterday.
    So I don't think that was the problem (I COULD BE WRONG) but these guys have been having problems well before the program was released.
    I had messages like that a while back when I had a 650 on Cingular. It was related to the email app they had that would forward emails that came into my desktop's outlook to my phone. I uninstalled it and the texts went away. I went with an Exchange server account after that.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    I started receiving these messages last friday. After a few came through I contacted sprint. The tech agent informed me that these messages were what they call premium text messages ( you know things like get a free ring tone or screen saver) things from the tv. The tech then put a block on any premium text messages
    I got a similar message after trying the Palm Backup and then deleting the app without deleting the account with Palm.com.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    Finally got this text today. I did have sprint mobile email installed, but removed it 3 or 4 days ago.
    I called Sprint back when I was getting these and they somehow took care of it for me. I haven't gotten one since... and I still use Mobile Email.
    David Smith

Me - Treo 755p
    Wifey - Treo Centro
    I have been getting these for about a week...about 2 a day. It is so annoying. I have called sprint 3 times and supposedly they are blocking that number...yeah right.

I will try the website..I didn't realize you could do that.

]
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I installed Sprint Mobile E-mail today and later uninstalled it. Since doing that, I have received 3 of these Texts. Going to try to block via the website, if I can figure out where to do it.
    Is there a setting on that email software that says:"push messages to my devices"?

If it was there, you need to disable it before you uninstall the software.

Or else there must be a web setting on Sprint to diable your email from sending the SMS trigger.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000 View Post
    Is there a setting on that email software that says:"push messages to my devices"?

If it was there, you need to disable it before you uninstall the software.

Or else there must be a web setting on Sprint to diable your email from sending the SMS trigger.
    I never saw any such setting. However, blocking texts from 9114 on sprint.com seems to have fixed the problem and is not affecting my Versamail in any way as far as receiving messages goes.
    Global Posts
    637 Global Posts
    in the email, its menu, settings, preferences, then pull down the schedule button (upper right - it starts off as mail), then uncheck Push messages to my device.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast