1.    #1  
    Well ListPro 5.0 was just released.

http://www.iliumsoft.com/site/lp/listpro.htm

Sadly it looks like they didn't put a lot of effort into the new palm version since the future of POS is in question.

New for Windows Mobile and Windows PC:

* Get more out of the Notes Pane with new formatting options:
    o Change the font, the text size, and format your text in bold, underline, or italics
    o Add pictures - great for collections, contact lists, or any item you want to associate with an image
    o Link directly to web sites for quick access to more information
    o Use bullet points and item numbering for more detail
    * Share lists with friends or post them to your website with the new HTML export option
    * Turn any list into a news feed using the new RSS/XML export option
    * Send lists and images to any Windows Mobile Pocket PC or Smartphone instantly with one-click List Publishing
    * Take important files with you - link images and documents to your lists and publish them to your mobile device using the Linked Files Folder
    * Create lists quickly with more than 25 new templates including approved templates for Getting Things DoneŽ by David Allen
    * Plus a brand-new look

New for Palm OS:

* Get more out of your lists by with live web links, email, and phone numbers in the Linked Field
    * Create lists quickly with more than 25 new templates including approved templates for Getting Things DoneŽ by David Allen
    * Plus a brand-new look

All that and to upgrade your desktop and palm software it will cost you 16.95
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sci72 View Post
    Well ListPro 5.0 was just released.

http://www.iliumsoft.com/site/lp/listpro.htm

Sadly it looks like they didn't put a lot of effort into the new palm version since the future of POS is in question.
    Quite disappointed with V5 for Palm. Won't upgrade neither Palm nor Windows version.

John
    Leonardo, Listpro, Agendus12, Phone Magic, Adarian Money, Ultrasoft Money, Lightwave 2.4

SMS Scheduler, FunSMS, SMS Counter, PictureSMS 1.01B2, Butler, Phone Technician

Resco Backup, Resco Photo Viewer, Mobilewrite, Text Plus, Card Reader,SlovoEd Dict.

Project @ Hand
    this is the 4th app on my 700p where a developer either stopped, slowed, abandoned, or shutdown his/her palm operations.

Hope prospective buyers read this before they consider acquiring a palm device.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cnewtonne View Post
    this is the 4th app on my 700p where a developer either stopped, slowed, abandoned, or shutdown his/her palm operations.

Hope prospective buyers read this before they consider acquiring a palm device.
    I am a Palm Listpro user, but as the software has also Palm PPC versions, I can still use my Listpro data if I switch to PPC.
    Anyway, the improvement on Listpro are more cosmetic, that is on the appearance of the display, rather than on raw functionality.

John
    Leonardo, Listpro, Agendus12, Phone Magic, Adarian Money, Ultrasoft Money, Lightwave 2.4

SMS Scheduler, FunSMS, SMS Counter, PictureSMS 1.01B2, Butler, Phone Technician

Resco Backup, Resco Photo Viewer, Mobilewrite, Text Plus, Card Reader,SlovoEd Dict.

Project @ Hand
  5.    #5  
    Even the cosmetic changes ave very minor.

I was hoping for better 5 way support so that when I entered a list I could use the OK button to open an item instead of just checking it off. I was also hoping for a better look beyond what they actually did. One area that I definately wanted improvements was the Note area for items, it is hard to navigate occasionally on the PDA and it would be nice if there where buttons to Bold, or Underline the text listed there. I know they introduced the ability to use Bold or Underline or different fonts in the PPC version but I understand that even that is a bit limited as there are no task bar buttons that you can use to quickly bold or underline specific text.

Here's hoping that the Linux POS gets popular enough once released (say's a quick prayer) that some of the developers that have abandoned products will resurrect them in the new version.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I feel it unacceptable that there are a lot of common activities that don't have menu accelerators. All the View options should have a quick key, for example, the Notes view should have a N key assigned to it. Just a few little things would make this a better product.
    I do agree it's insulting that they are charging for this upgrade with so few upgrades.

You can't even use the formatting in the notes if you sync with the desktop! What gives? "Here is this new feature that you can't really use..."
    Hi,

All I can say to your comments is that you're right and I'm sorry. In this version we didn't add a lot to Palm OS. What we did do, was to ensure that if you are using multiple devices (say a Palm and a Windows Mobile device), or do most of your work on desktop but also have a file synched to your palm, that you can continue to use the software uninterrupted. We also tried to make it VERY clear exactly what new features were included on Palm OS. We're not trying to trick anyone.

Another thing is that we have a firm belief (in general) that if a new version doesn't offer enough for you, you shouldn't be forced to upgrade. We will, as we always have, continue to support the older versions of our software. If you decide to stick with 4.1 we understand and will support you in that decision.

As for Palm in general, we aren't a huge company and we need to focus our resources where they will give the best long term return. That's part of the reason we haven't come out with Mac versions of our apps (yet.) We also don't believe in hanging people out to dry, which is why we are still maintaining our Palm OS versions and adding some new features to them.

So again, we're sorry we can't offer more for Palm users right now and we'll continue to support 4.1 for those who don't want to upgrade (it's a very solid program). And please continue to send us your requests. We are watching what happens with Palm OS very closely and have no plans to cancel Palm OS support at this time.

Marc Tassin
    Ilium Software
    --------------------
    marc@iliumsoft.com
    +1 (734) 973-9388
    ---------------------
    http://www.iliumsoft.com

And be sure check out our blog! http://blog.iliumsoft.com/
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Thanks Marc, that's good to hear and it's good to know that you're listening.
    Thank you for taking the time to respond.
    I for example upgraded to 5.0, I did it mostly out of the expectation that the next point releases will include some usability enhancements (Notes view through menu for example). I also appreciate the upgraded new look.

Keep up the good work. It's a tough world out there for a small company.

-Jorge