Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    very disappointed with the 755p's camera. I just upgraded from the 650 and was sorely (eye that is) saddened.

pics are dull and gray. no life.

any software enhancers? or maybe its me radio????

suggestions?
    Sprint Treo 755p (ex-650) user and loving it.
    1.04-SPNT
    None....
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by ike301 View Post
    very disappointed with the 755p's camera. I just upgraded from the 650 and was sorely (eye that is) saddened.

pics are dull and gray. no life.

any software enhancers? or maybe its me radio????

suggestions?
    Yeah, but you're not going to like it. :-)

Reset your expectations. The camera is actually more accurate in the 755p than it was in the 650p, and colors aren't so cartoon-like in real life. I had a friend telling me that the picture of my gecko I took with my Samsung NV11 was dull, muted, etc and I had to keep telling him, dude, it's completely accurate.

Real life is not cartoon color. Real life is sometimes dull and grey.

People have been trained by cheap film and one-hour processing to accept cartoon color as the norm. Ick.

Tom
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    lol. nice. wise words.

any other suggestions?
    1.04-SPNT
    While it seems obvious, there's always the techniques that work with any camera like trying to improve the lighting of your subject. Should help with the dreariness.
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kirk444 View Post
    While it seems obvious, there's always the techniques that work with any camera like trying to improve the lighting of your subject. Should help with the dreariness.
    got it.

any other ideas on software or hardware upgrades? if any? probably not, but still worth a try.
    1.04-SPNT
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    Use SplashPhoto's built-in camera app. A bit rudimentary, but I have noticed it taking pictures quite a bit clearer on my 700p vs. the exact same pic taken with the Palm Camera app.

I seem to recall this working years ago on an old Zire 72 even! SplashPhoto allows you more adjustment of compression levels in addition to resolution so if you've got a big card it really is probably worth it.
    You can also try using a photo editing software to enhance it a little bit. I'm on a Mac and use iPhoto's basic "Enhance" button and it seemed less grey and dark with a little more color. There's also other advanced adjustments that other applications have too like brightness, contrast, saturation, etc.