Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    ok, I got active sync enabled today at the office. It works great so far....

Only small complaint is that: everything I enter (contact & calendar) in the computer, automatically shows up in the handheld which is great.. although it doesn't quite work the reverse, if I enter something in the phone, it won't show on the comp. until I hit the "sync" button on the phone. Not a big deal.

My bigger problem is that I used to also sync at home, to my outlook on my home computer and that way I had my contacts and calendar up to date here too. Now that active sync is on, when I hotsync'd at home, it will not sync my contact and calendar here, it keeps reverting to "do nothing" in the hotsync manager. I have to also still sync with the cable because of third party important software such as media, poketmoney, etc.

Is there a way to also sync at home computer to be able to have contact and calendar up to date on a second pc once active sync is on? I was thinking about trying to sync back with palm desktop at home but I don't want to screw everything up, ie duplicates or worse, who knows.

Do any of you have a similar scenario or an idea?

Thanks!
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    It's works for me. You just have to be running vpn, when you sync. So you are in your corporate network.
    Matty
    You also have to make sure your email is sent to your corporate mailbox, and not a local .pst file.
    Matty
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    ? that doesn't make sense to me, I don't understand..
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    You can still sync to your home computer with out messing up your office info. Just go into the hotsync settings on your home computer and for the outlook settings make sure they all say Handheld overwrites Desktop. This will keep your office stuff from being overwritten.
    Versamail exchange accounts screw up cable syncing. No matter how you change the "do nothing" setting, you'll never be able to sync your calendar or contacts. I only fixed that problem by deleting my exchange email account on the handheld AND the hotsync manager.

Hopefully, my tech team will have an answer for me today.
    Palm III -> Palm IV -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755p
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    yes, the problem is now at home, I cannot sync calendar and contact to my home outlook. I'm not worried about messing anything up for my office outlook, but I would like to be able to sync at home as well so I have the same calndar active at home.

Before active sync was enabled, It was not a problem and I could sync at home too. NOw with it active, and on the sync cable, it will NOT let it sync calendar and contacts, I'm guessing because the phone knows that it sync's through the air now.

Just wondering if there was a way around that.....
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    Quote Originally Posted by Heat00 View Post
    yes, the problem is now at home, I cannot sync calendar and contact to my home outlook. I'm not worried about messing anything up for my office outlook, but I would like to be able to sync at home as well so I have the same calndar active at home.

Before active sync was enabled, It was not a problem and I could sync at home too. NOw with it active, and on the sync cable, it will NOT let it sync calendar and contacts, I'm guessing because the phone knows that it sync's through the air now.

Just wondering if there was a way around that.....
    I just got my working today. Now I have my corporate email on the go (Sprint Bizcon Personal still does not work on 755p).

A ESA or EAS file gets copied to the Treo and this allow the Treo to know that it is sync'd over the air.

If you are sync'ing to the Palm, why don't you just do the VPN thingy and have the exchange stuff on the PC at home already without you sync'ing the Treo to it.l The Treo sync to the Exchange server OTA and your home PC should link to the Exchange server via Outlook and show the same things.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    i still don't have an answer for my home outlook...
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by godschoice View Post
    I just got my working today. Now I have my corporate email on the go (Sprint Bizcon Personal still does not work on 755p).

A ESA or EAS file gets copied to the Treo and this allow the Treo to know that it is sync'd over the air.

If you are sync'ing to the Palm, why don't you just do the VPN thingy and have the exchange stuff on the PC at home already without you sync'ing the Treo to it.l The Treo sync to the Exchange server OTA and your home PC should link to the Exchange server via Outlook and show the same things.

What VPN thingy? I sync at home to outlook as well, but a different email account at home...
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    I misunderstood. You want to sync not only multiple PCs, but multiple accounts as well?

So are you saying you have two accounts setup on the Treo. One that sync OTA with the Exchange and the other to sync during the Hotsync process on the home PC?

Where is the home account coming from: Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo, etc? Can this account be sync'd OTA? Or do just want to have the same email on the PC and the Treo? Is the account Pop or IMAP?
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    Ok ignore the prior post. Your issue is Contacts and Calendar items on the home PC. I am assuming you are syncing with Outlook. Can you try sync'ing to Palm Desktop?

Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    I think that is what he/she is trying to avoid and what I am now trying to avoid. I want my exchange mail, but I don't want my calendar and contacts and whatnot loaded up to the corporate outlook. I am opting (hoping) to go the IMAP route. If my IT guy can set up the IMAP on his end (the exchange server) I can then set it up on the Treo as an IMAP account instead of as an exchange active sync account. It will then grab just the mail and not the mail, contacts and calendar.
    Which will then leave me being able to still sync with the Palm Desktop by way of cable at home.
    Is this a possible alternative to the original poster?
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    no, I am a he first of all, thank you.

I guess I'm misunderstood here.

I sync at work to a work account that is now using active sync, over the air. it works great.

At home, I have a seperate PC that I use for home use, with a home email account, happens to be bellsouth.

All I want is what I had before. Even though it is a different email account, I used to be able to sync both at work and at home and my calendar & contacts would sync on both (seperate computers & outlook) just fine.

Now that I have active sync enabled on the work server, my contacts and calendar do not sync when I plug in the cord to do a hot sync with the cord (for third party backup stuff), which is fine.

The problem is, when I go home to sync with the cord, the sync, just like at work now, does NOT let the phone sync calendar and contacts with outlook through the cord sync process, probably because the phone is in some kind of mode where it knows that it syncs those 2 categories over the air (i'm guessing on this).

It's not the end of the world, just would be nice to be able to see my contacts and calendar on my home pc's outlook, just like it did before.

Is there a way to overide at home so it will let the phone sync my contacts and calendar on my home pc to match what I have on my work pc? The email is not an issue and this just relates really to the contacts and calendar syncing.
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    I had to give up on Versamail because I also wanted to sync at home and at work. The only thing I really need to get wirelessly is email.

I removed exchange versamail, (actually i reset from scratch with a fresh install of the 755 software). Bought Road Sync from dataviz and easily sync email at work to it. Everything else is done via usb sync to each computer.

I'm a happy camper!
    Any way around this issue besides buying new software? Sucks not being able to sync to my home outlook via cable anymore.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    I was bummed, set up mail2web, everything was fine, until i found out I could not longer sync with my home outlook.

Back to pop polling every 1/2 hour.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I had the same problem for a long time and finally gave up. I sync with my corporate exchange server but when I try to sync at home, it always says Do Nothing for Contacts and Calendar. I don't think there's a solution, unfortunately.
    Treo 650 --> Blackberry Pearl 8130