1.    #1  
    I am contemplating subscribing to Telenav and have a few basic questions:

1. What happens when someone call you while you are navigating? Does the Telenav screen stay up?

2. If the answer to the above is yes, can you use your Bluetooth earpiece and Telenav at the same time?

3. What happens if go through a "no signal" area? especially for an extended length of time.

4. Does it have a big effect on battery life?

5. Are there any Bluetooth receivers that don't work with the 755p/Telenav?

6. Any comments on the "Holux M1000 M-1000 32 ch Bluetooth GPS receiver" That sell on Ebay for about $50 shipped?

Thank you in advance for answering these questions.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff248 View Post
    I am contemplating subscribing to Telenav and have a few basic questions:

1. What happens when someone call you while you are navigating? Does the Telenav screen stay up?

2. If the answer to the above is yes, can you use your Bluetooth earpiece and Telenav at the same time?

3. What happens if go through a "no signal" area? especially for an extended length of time.

4. Does it have a big effect on battery life?

5. Are there any Bluetooth receivers that don't work with the 755p/Telenav?

6. Any comments on the "Holux M1000 M-1000 32 ch Bluetooth GPS receiver" That sell on Ebay for about $50 shipped?

Thank you in advance for answering these questions.

Jeff
    I don't have it yet but from what I've read this is what I know:

1. When you get a call a notice pops up and you can either answer or ignore. Answering exits Telenav and you have to start it up again. It should pick up from where you are but I don't know how long it takes.

2. On the Palm OS you can only have 1 bluetooth device at a time.

3. Going through a dead spot you'll still have directions. It recalculates everything once you get back signal.

4. Does kill battery faster but even a standalone GPS needs to be plugged in.

5. I haven't heard of people with Holux receivers having problems.

6. I'm planning on the Holux GPSlim 240 cause of it's size but the M-1000 has gotten good reviews here:
    http://www.buygpsnow.com/ProductRevi...6-295db0955d28

I got a few answers from the User Guide:
    http://www.telenav.com/support/user-...-700p-755p.pdf
    Last edited by EeZeEpEe; 08/13/2007 at 08:37 PM.
  3.    #3  
    Thank you for the response as well as the link to the manual. It was very helpful.

Does anyone know how often Telenav has to contact the server to update the maps. For example, if I'm driving 70 on the highway for a few hours how much (if any) info is stored on the Treo. Is it a constant data stream. Just trying to gauge how much battery it uses.

Thanks,

Jeff
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    My understanding is when you put in your destination and start your trip, it downloads the entire route to the phone. Even if you enter into a no service area, it will continue to track. However, if you go off course in a no service area, it will not be able to recalculate your route until you return toa service area.