Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    Many folks who watch the news mostl want to hear it... and, in a pinch, they'll just read it.

Regardless, there are times when life throws us curves and we settle for listening to something we were watching.

There's content thru Kinoma which seems easier to access. Don't we need to pay for an upgrade to Pocket Tunes for (some?) streaming?
    Pocket Tunes is cheaper than Kinoma.. I've never found the Kinoma interface to be very good IMO, and it's slow to update each list every time.

I generally just stream from a handful of stations that I have added to a personal list in Pocket Tunes, I can switch to another in seconds.
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    Pocket Tunes is cheaper than Kinoma.
    Not for most Treo users, who are eligible for an upgrade discount from the built-in Kinoma Media Embedded.

To get the upgrade discount, first soft-reset your Treo, then click the upgrade link that's displayed in the About box when Kinoma Media Embedded is first run. This will take you to an online shopping cart where you'll get the "secret" discount. You can purchase, download, install and activate Kinoma Player 4 EX directly from your device.

I've never found the Kinoma interface to be very good IMO, and it's slow to update each list every time.
    We're good listeners. Do you have any specific feedback on the UI? Also, what list did you mean?

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
    What's the point of background video playing!?
    It was XM Radio online that I discovered, because of Kinoma's ability to stream it.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster View Post
    It was XM Radio online that I discovered, because of Kinoma's ability to stream it.
    Hmm. I've gotta remember to check that out.

Is that under "Internet Radio" in the media guide?
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    nah, with an xm account I log into http://mobile.musicdock.com where you can access the channels.
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    When I go from a Windows device to my Treo, I sometimes find myself missing multi-tasking more and more.

I don't know if Kinoma (or my gps navigation software) even offers a Windows Mobile version, but it's really bothersome that I have to close one application (in most cases) to open another. This causes delays in my entertainment and travel, among other things.

Do any of you consider switching to a Windows Mobile device for similar reasons?

I think a recent TreoCentral software round-up mentioned a program that offers what I imagine to be the next-best-thing to true multi-tasking, but I don't remember the name of it. I think the program lets us choose certain applications to more or less pop-up on the screen, manipulate/use the application somewhat, then return to our existing program without a true interruption. Do any of you remember such a program mentioned in the past few weeks or so?

So, what's a Palm OS user in-need of multi-tasking solutions to do?
    Okay, I am still fairly new to the treo world, but I came here searching for a way to be able to switch between all the apps without having to close them and lose my place. For instance, I might be on the web at www.whitepages.com looking up an address or person, and then I realize I have to make a phone call. Or I might be online checking my bank account, and then I have to switch to contacts, messenging, or memos, but then I cannot go back to where I left off, I just have to go back to "web" and type in the web address all over, log in, blah, blah, blah, very tiresome and time consuming....
    But after reading this thread, are you all saying that is is no way to switch between these apps, well without the fear of crashing all the time etc....
    And if that is the case, then my Treo 700P SUCKS !
    Help !!
    Mia
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by bharrod View Post
    Okay, I am still fairly new to the treo world, but I came here searching for a way to be able to switch between all the apps without having to close them and lose my place. For instance, I might be on the web at www.whitepages.com looking up an address or person, and then I realize I have to make a phone call. Or I might be online checking my bank account, and then I have to switch to contacts, messenging, or memos, but then I cannot go back to where I left off, I just have to go back to "web" and type in the web address all over, log in, blah, blah, blah, very tiresome and time consuming....
    But after reading this thread, are you all saying that is is no way to switch between these apps, well without the fear of crashing all the time etc....
    And if that is the case, then my Treo 700P SUCKS !
    Help !!
    Mia
    In the web application, open the menu and click on "Preferences."

There should be three tabs. Choose "Page," if it's not already chosen for you.

There should be a "Start with" drop-down menu. Mine is set on "Last Page Viewed." If yours isn't, you might want to change it so that you automatically go back to the page you were on, before.

I hope that helps.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12