Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    it seems my net is choppy as compared to my friend's exact same 755p sprint configuration.

just wondering if this is an isolated case. 1 out of 5 times the browser gets stuck on either 'sending' or 'redrawing'.

any similar cases? any solutions?
    Sprint Treo 755p (ex-650) user and loving it.
    1.04-SPNT
    Mine is doing the same thing. Actually about a week or so ago it got so bad that it just plain stopped working. It would just hang period. I got them to take the data plan off and put it back on (after hard factory reset and provisioning) which has it working again, but it's still hanging like yours on sending or recieving. Usable now though. Not sure what's going on, but I don't remember this when I first got it.
  3. tip
    Methinks sprint's evdo network is having issues today (I am in the Milwaukee area).

I had major issues with EVDO before and they had to reprovision my phone. This is different... when EVDO is working it is as fast as usual.
    Yes mine's choppy. It would randomly hang also for about 1 minute or more every now and then... worried its a busted treo too.

you have background apps (esp those that use the net)? me thinks this causes it to hang also.
    Sprint has seemed to have some network issues off and on for about a month now. Most of the time mine works great, but there are times it is choppy. I did reprovision my phone which made no difference. Reading various boards it seems to clear up on its own in a few days. I find it particularly to happen in the mornings.
    In the last week my network connection has been disconnecting and reconnecting constantly... My problem or sprints???
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    whew. ok. can u explain 'reprovisioning'?
    1.04-SPNT
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdavis55 View Post
    In the last week my network connection has been disconnecting and reconnecting constantly... My problem or sprints???
    This was happening to me at my parent's house this past weekend, but I didn't really worry about it since Sprint's map shows them as being in an "unknown" area. But what is frustrating is that I was pulling 3 bars pretty solidly and still getting knocked off over and over again. And one minute I would have blue arrows, the next green, then back to blue. I even tried forcing home network then forcing roaming network and still experienced the dropping and arrow color changes. I guess they are in some fringe area. Hmm..I wonder if I had just turned off EVDO if that would have prevented some of the issues. Then again, when I DID get the EVDO connection, I was pulling 300+ kb.

My parents are near Cambridge in MD...what area are you in?
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    fyi, my prl is 60610, if that makes anything different....
    1.04-SPNT
    For me, the best way to test this is with SlingPlayer, since you can have it show the current bandwidth it is getting/using. Normally, this is about 200-250K. I have recently been watching in Denver and had speeds dip down to 40k or so, resulting in choppy playback. One a recent trip to Anaheim, it would drop drop out of EVDO coverage altogether every 20 minutes or so and then ramp back up.

My completely uninformed hunch is that EVDO speeds drop below advertised when there are more users.
    Finally called Sprint for a Replacement Unit...

Mine had been choppy but the worst thing about it is whenever the signal goes away, even if im not connected to Power Vision, my Treo hangs like crazy... like it would take 5 mins sometimes...

Called Palm, they said that the Treo should not hang when you dont have signal. This is frustrating to me because i work in the hospital, the my Treo hangs in the elevator, and in the ER of all places! And those are 2 places i regularly go to...

So i got a work order # from Palm tech support and called Sprint gave them the # and now they are going to send a replacement unit...

Now my problem is taking the BSE skin off... hope i dont peal off the pait or something...
    Wow im in the exact same boat as you bulls96, getting a replacement on Friday from a spring store, have to order a new skin because they stretch when removed My evdo have been choppy for a week now.
    I dont think it's the network because my 755 does this but my Sanyo does not. It works fine and evdo is fast. when I try to go on the web with my treo it's realllllyy slow. I cleared the cache and did a reset. I have not done the provision yet. This is very frustrating. Been happening for days now.
    diane
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    Mine had been choppy but the worst thing about it is whenever the signal goes away, even if im not connected to Power Vision, my Treo hangs like crazy... like it would take 5 mins sometimes...

Called Palm, they said that the Treo should not hang when you dont have signal. This is frustrating to me because i work in the hospital, the my Treo hangs in the elevator, and in the ER of all places! And those are 2 places i regularly go to...
    Despite what the Palm rep said, I've never seen a Treo that doesn't "hang" when accessing a slow or nonresponding network. In fact, I've learned that when it seems to be locked up or "hung" one should just wait it out. It nearly always frees up with a network timeout error.

Having said that, I don't see a tremendous amount of network issues in my area....knock on wood.