Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Is anyone able to download files directly to their 755p with Blazer or Chatter? I always get connection time outs when I try to download anything larger than 5 meg. I've been meaning to try Opera to see if it will work but haven't gotten Opera to recognize my java install.

Anyone able to download large files?
    I download large files all the time via Blazer. I don't recall a cap on the size. If you have an URL with a file I can try, I'll check it out.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Well, for testing purposes I tried to download the podcast from the palmloyal site in your signature. I tried the download link on podcast #21: http://www.palmloyal.com/addons.php?...icle&sid=17966

After maybe 10-20 seconds of Blazer "sending" I received a data timeout pop up in blazer.

Thanks,
    Marcus
    Last week I used PalmVNC and emailed myself a file that was a little over 4 mb. It showed up on my phone and showed that it downloaded it but it never showed up after complete. Usually it's there in the bottom for me to open, but this never was. I sent it to two different emails I have and it did the same thing. I used FileZ to try and find it, but it wasn't there. I finally used PdaNet and downloaded it on my laptop and then hotsynced it over. I too wonder what's wrong.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I've also tried the email approach with no luck, when I try to download the attachment it ultimately times out on me.
    So just for kicks I had to give this a try. I typed this URL directly into blazer: http://www.palmloyal.com/podcast/Pal..._Podcast21.mp3

Blazer downloaded the 22.29Meg file in 14 minutes 28 seconds. Not exactly blazing speed (~200 Kbps) but it did get the whole file for whatever it's worth...
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Hmm, what gives? Maybe a re-provisioning would get me back in rights?
    I got the cannot download warning and I immediately tried again. I started the 22.29M file at 9:45pm and it finshed at 9:59pm.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    So with versamail I should be able to get larger file attachments? I posted another thread wondering about that because I had a total of 12 MBs in files e-mailed to me and I "downloaded" them with no errors, but could not find them.

I haven't tried downloading a large file from the net.

ETA: I see the poster e-mailing the large file was through PalmVNC, not versamail...so oranges to apples I think. I don't usually need large files on my phone...extenuating circumstances with moving and all...so maybe I'll try to figure it out later.

Meanwhile, I'm downloading the above linked file as I type and so far no errors. I've only received 4 of the 22 megs though. Will follow up once it's done.

O.k., I got a message that it couldn't be saved to the card and to make sure the card isn't locked. Meanwhile it did download roughly 6 megs. of the file. A little strange I think.
    Last edited by French; 08/14/2007 at 07:32 AM.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Interesting, when I try to download the file, it doesn't even start downloading. And it appears that I am in the minority. It also doesn't seem to matter what method I try (email, blazer). I'll try re-provisioning today to see if that helps.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Well, I've re-provisioned and done a hard reset and neither seem to help. I've managed to download the podcast a few times, but most other links I try time out without even starting. Not sure where to go next....