1. jhn
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Does Logmein only work on Pocket, and not Palm OS?
    I only work with my palm os 650 treo, but if palm doesn't do something innovative soon ill be switching to either a pocket pc or a blackberry.

lol. sorry, couldn't resist. I have no association with the program or company that is "logmein".

Any similarities or resemblances to the company in name are purely coinicidental.
    can't comment on logmein... but palm vnc works great
    HTC Touch Pro
  4. jhn
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Waht is Palm vnc and how does it work?
    VNC is a remote control software. PalmVNC is a palm app that will connect to VNC Servers. You can load VNC on your PC (I use UltraVNC, there are other flavors RealVNC, TridiaVNC etc.) Then you can attach to your computer from your Treo. I use this almost daily, you will need to be able to forward ports to your PC. You either need a static IP or run some sort of DDNS to have a static name to connect to. It really is not as difficult as all that sounds.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by jhn View Post
    Waht is Palm vnc and how does it work?
    the good a remote pc control app it's free and works really well... search the board theres plenty of info on it...

the bad alot of people have a hard time setting it up...

the basics of setting it up are
    -knowing your ip address
    -opening a port on your router(assuming you have one)
    -installing the vnc s/w on the pc & treo

some of the tutorials on the board add alot of unecessary steps to the set-up, and I think that confuses user's...
    HTC Touch Pro